Chapter 21

[EDITED]

Your pale legs swinging off the railings of your balcony as you seated on the same exact place you fell off when you were a child.
That's why whenever you went out on your balcony you felt nauseous. You thought it was simply because you feared heights but your fears had a meaning behind.

'How you left me so suddenly pains me'

-

It's been 2 days since Jeongguk had disappeared, he didn't answer any of your calls or messages and that scared you to death. You were worried about him, didn't know if he was eating and sleeping well as you weren't.

The only thing you knew was he is in Busan with his family. Taehyung had only given you those information.

It's been 2 days and now you found yourself seated on a long rectangular table with your parents beside you and your brother in front along with bunch of other high class people.

You had a nonchalant attitude the entire meeting, from the start of the introduction to the conclusion. You were excited for the new clothing brand which your name would be worldwide branded by the help of those franchise of your parents. You felt proud of yourself for your achievements and at such a young age, you were ready to sacrifice anything for the sake of your career.

It was not until you remembered how you felt betrayed, used and treated when he left you for another woman. How he looked at you in disgust as if you were a stranger to him. How he would say your name in complete utter sarcasm. It didn't feel right, but you had him.

Had Him.

Since he left too.

-

"Hey sis, i want to introduce you to someone" you had already packed up your belongings, all the files and papers concerning the new upcoming project neatly stacked in your hands, ready to go back home after taking coffee nearby

You nodded as you were left alone in the huge meeting room, with your brother and another man you never met before. You instinctively bowed at him since he was unfamiliar and he did the same.

"This is Lee Shawn, one of my closest friends" You gave him a small smile, wanting to hide the way your eyebrow creased from confusion. You've never heard Taehyung talk about him, maybe a childhood friend.

"Nice to meet you, Kim Yumi, am I right?" You placed the stack of documents on the table before nodding at him

"I've heard you're only 20 and will soon be opening your brand?"

"I'm 19 actually" you corrected.

"That's even-"

"Cutting to the case, Shawn had suggested and agreed to work under you as your secretary" your brother stood near Shawn as he patted his shoulder telling you that this man would be working with you from onwards.

"What? I never asked for a secretary and I don't need one" you didn't want to sound rude but you had planned everything already and you would manage the company on your own.

"Shawn is half Korean, he grew up in the States, and in order to make your brand known not only in Korea, it is important for you to have contacts in the States as well"

"Here's my number, text me a date and time to when you want to meet up for coffee, so we could learn to know each other. What do you say?"

"Hm yeah but-" he fished for something inside of his coat before taking out a small card and handed it to you. A business card with his contact details written on.

"She will, thank you buddy" Your brother replied as you were left speechless. Shawn chuckled at your reaction before excusing himself and left the meeting room. You look at the card before shifting your gaze on your brother who seem satisfied

"Taehyung what are you trying to do?"

"I'm not trying anything sis, I just want your skills to be known everywhere" he smiles at you before patting your head and left the room which was once crowded with voices.

-

"Oh dear, it's the Jeons. It's been forever since we sat down and talked" meanwhile Mr and Mrs Jeon went to the fancy restaurant they had reserved for the meet up of their children.

As both couples sat on the circular table in a private room, they exchange greetings.

"It sure has. How has your daughter been?" Mrs Jeon asked faking the smile completely

"My daughter has graduated from university last year and she's already working under us" Mrs Yu replied, bragging about how her daughter has done her masters and degrees while trying to degrade Mrs Jeon's sons.

"How about your lovely twins I heard the youngest one is dating my daughter? How great is it" Mr Yu spoke, earning a confused and stressful look from Mrs Jeon who had all her thoughts messed up

'Jeongguk has Yumi though, what is going on?'

Meanwhile the adults were exchanging conversations, Jeongguk found himself late to the dinner. Quickly washing and dressing himself up, he called a cab and went to the destination.

On the way he stumbled across someone familiar who seemed to be searching for someone in the same restaurant he's been assigned to attend by his father.

"Miyeon?" The look obtained from Jeongguk as he peaked from the corner to see that it was actually his brother's girlfriend.

'What is she doing here, isn't she supposed to be in Seoul?' He thought, confusion clearly written on his tired face

"Jeongguk?"

"What are you-" before he could ask her the desiring question, he heard his mother call him from across the room.

He froze in front of the VIP guest room as he watches his parents walk towards him with another couple behind. Thats when he knee something was off and about to turn wrong.

Right at this moment, he wanted to escape from this living hell as he knew exactly what was about to happen. Jeongguk made a small step backwards, ready to take off, didn't really care if he would get scolded. However before he could his father grip onto his bicep, giving him a warning stern look

"This is Yu Miyeon, your fiancé" His father spoke, faking his smile as he guides everyone to the room before sitting on his seat. While Jeongguk sat uncomfortably next to Miyeon

"What- I don't want to sound rude but your daughter is dating my br-" The veins on his neck and temples were prominent as he tried to keep his cool

"Mom, dad this is the man I've been telling you all day long"

"Meet my boyfriend, Jeon Jeongguk" Jeongguk snatched his stares from his parents and glared at the woman who spoke complete lies in front of her parents. He was angry, furious and sad. She turned towards him and gave him a cheeky smile, which hinted the slight satisfaction in her eyes.