Chapter 16

Hey guys!

I present you the next chapter :D

Julia ;)

~*~

Chapter 16

We were on the way to our camp spot that Chase supposedly found. He took the lead. We were all carrying our stuff, the vampires obviously with no uneasiness.

After about an hour finding the spot, going off track a few times and stopping for rest, we found the ‘spot’. We were panting and sweating heavily when Chase exclaimed something.

  “I found,” Pant, “It!”

  “What?” Alex shouted from the back.

  “I found it!” Chase managed to shout loud enough.

I made my way to the front and saw what Chase has found. It was a small clearing that had trees shading it. Nearby was a small waterfall that had crystal clear water. Chase already dumped his bag down on a random spot on the clearing and fell down on the grass and shut his eyes, exhaling loudly.

  “This place is beautiful,” Kris said, coming into view.

  “Told you,” Chase said, eyes still shut.

I dumped my bag down and went to the waterfall, standing by the edge of the water, which was shallow. I squatted down and felt the water. It was cold and clear. I was ready to relax.

  “Jake, Alex, Kris and Rose, set up camp!” Nikki shouted orders. I groaned and started walking back to the campsite. “Chase, Ash and I will go find wood.” They then started walking into the forest.

We managed to set up 3 camps in half an hour. Even by then, they haven’t returned. I and Kris had settled into our camps, arranging the sleeping bags neatly and making it comfy in the camp. The camps were placed in a circle-like formation. In the middle was a space for the fire.

I walked to the waterfall, which suddenly seemed far away from the camp. I was tired enough not to realize Jake there too, sitting on the opposite side of the waterfall. I sat down and looked at the water, and then I noticed a blurry reflection and looked up. I registered surprise on my face but Jake was smirking.

  “Have you just got here or I just haven’t noticed you?” I asked, putting my hands in the water, making wrinkles.

  “You just haven’t noticed,” He said smoothly.

  “Oh,” I said but it somehow came out more like a groan. I fell back, not caring whether the ground was wet or not. It was so peaceful. I was finally at rest, more or less because Jake was staring at me.

My eyelids were shut. But I could feel somebody towering over me, blocking the light. I groaned. Then, the shadow disappeared and I heard something lie down next to me with a thud. It didn’t take a smartass to know that it was Jake.

  “I wish we could lie down here the whole time,” I muttered.

  “Lie down with me?” Jake was smirking. I could practically hear him smirking.

  “N-no I didn’t m-mean it like that,” I blushed red, “I-I just, I-It’s just so p-peaceful.”

  “I know,” Jake paused, “But I wouldn’t mind just lying down here with you either.”

  “What?” I had to clarify what I just heard; there is a chance I could be dreaming, considering my eyes are closed shut.

  “I said I don’t mind staying lying down here with you,” Jake said.

  “Uh huh…” I still don’t get it, why? I thought he doesn’t like me, and I still indirectly confessed my feelings to him. “Why? You don’t even like me.”

  “I didn’t say that,” He said. “I like you.”

  “As a friend,” I added swiftly.

  “No, as in…” He paused, “I like, like you.”

I opened my eyes widely and sat up. Did he just confess he has feelings for me the way I have feelings for him? No way. I looked to him. He was closing his eyes and his face emotionless. He didn’t even stutter! He just said it so easily! He could be lying.

I was about to question further but my mouth closed shut when Chase’s voice broke the silence.

  “Carrington, Taylor!” Chase shouted. “Or should I say lovebirds? Get back here!”

Jake sat up abruptly at the word ‘lovebirds’. I stood up and walked to Chase, not waiting for him. I was still digesting what he just said earlier, or more like confessed.

Jacob Carrington just told me he likes me. And I like him back too. Did my wishes just come true? Or was I just dreaming? I pinched myself lightly. Oh…I wasn’t dreaming.