Chapter Thirty Four

I stared blankly at the lights and I immediately knew it would be Dante in the limousine he often rode in.

What the hell was I going to do? He must have seen me by now, and I couldn't run.

Maybe I could pretend I was going for a walk...

With a suitcase? Yeah like he'd believe that, I thought stupidly.

The gates slowly opened and I didn't quite know what to do.

So...

I hid. Yes, out of everything I could do, I hid.

I ducked down and hopped towards a rather large bush and hid behind it with my suitcase trailing next to me.

This was very risky. But, there was a fifty/fifty chance that Dante had saw me. I mean, he probably did but I didn't know what else I could do.

I heard the limousine pulling in, and the slam of the gates. After a minute or so, the engine turned off and I heard the car door open and close almost immediately.

Nervously, I peaked over the bush I hid behind and saw Dante's tall frame. He was so attractive even from here, I thought.

Although he could be a murderer, I reminded myself.

Quickly, I bent back down hoping I'd be able to escape with no problems.

It was my life though, so I wasn't too lucky.

I heard footsteps getting close towards where I was and I already knew my fate.

"Leila?" Dante's voice questioned, in confusion but just as firm as it usually was.

I stayed silent.

The footsteps got nearer as he repeated my name once again.

"Leila. I saw you. Where are you, what are you doing? I can not be bothered with silly games." he said sounding annoyed.

Again, I didn't answer but instead accidentally knocked over my suitcase causing a loud rustling to occur.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

The footsteps, that had walked further passed where I was came to a halt and I subconsciously stopped my breathing. Almost straight after, the steps came back and faster and towards me.

I closed my eyes, hoping maybe that would get me out of the situation but of course that was not happening.

"Leila. What the fück are you doing?" Dante's voice boomed and I felt his figure standing over me.

Slowly, I peeled open my eyes and looked at him.

"I-I...well uh I..." I tried to speak properly, but no words would come out.

"And why the fûck do you have a suitcase? What do you think you're doing?" he asked with an angry look on his face.

I opened and closed my mouth and stood up slowly, realizing I was still on the ground. Again, no words would form.

Suddenly he smirked, maliciously.

"You didn't think of leaving did you?" Dante said in a menacing voice.

"I, well uh. I just..." I didn't know how to respond.

"It's fine. I'll let you compose yourself whilst we walk inside and you can tell me what the fück you were trying to do." he said grabbing my arm harshly, and pulling me.

Immediately I grabbed my suitcase, and pulled it along too.

I felt myself getting hot and nervous. What was he going to do? What was I going to say to him?