Chapter 20: Truly,Madly

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

~Peace P/O/V~

I didn't give in, because Eurydice asked me. I gave in because I wanted to see Ares. I wanted to feel his lips against mine again. I wanted to feel his chest against mine. His beating heart against mine. 

I get out of bed and take a quick shower. I head to my closet after brushing my teeth. What to wear, what to wear.p Miniskirt? No. Jumpsuit? Na. Basketball shorts and tank top? Too casual. I finally decide on a pair of cheetah print leggings, a fitted black tank top and black ballet flats. I ask my mom if she can drop me off at Eurydice's house and she says yes.

I walk to the door after she drops me off. I ring the doorbell.

"Thank God you're here." Eurydice says opening the door. "Ares is in the Den, I don't know what's going on with him. He won't tell me, but I think it has something to do with a girl."

"I thought you said that you thought he was gay." I asked confused

"I had to get you over here quickly." she says guiltyly

I roll my eyes "All you had to do was ask me to come over and talk to him."

"Well since you're here..... Can you go and talk to him?" she asks

"Sure." I say walking down the hall to the den. As I get closer I can hear "I write sins not tragedies" blasting. 

"Knock, knock" I say knocking on the door leading down to the den. No response. I walk down the stairs quietly.

" Who is it?" I hear Ares ask over the loud music

" It's Peace." I say finally reaching the bottom of the stairs, where I find him laying on a couch shirtless and in his boxers. His normally messy hair was messier and his eyes were grayer than ever.

" Damn, Damn girl your doing well and I thought you were innocent. You put my heart through hell and you still look magnificent." he says looking me up and down.

"Did you just quote Gavin Degraw's song Not over you?" I ask smiling

"Yes I did Miss.Savva." he says getting up. He looks so beautiful when he's shirtless. I lose myself in his now blue eyes, as he looks into my brown ones. He takes my hands into his and pulls a ring out of his pocket. I open my mouth, but no sound comes out.

" I promised myself that I'd give you this ring if I ever saw you again. It has your birthstone in the center. You were born in July, Right?"

I nod my head yes

"Peace I am truly, madly, completely, positively in love with you. I've been trying to figure out a way to say it since we parted and now I have. Tell me you feel the same way, well you don't have to tell me it's not like I'm forcing you to.

"Ares." I say interrupting him

"What, I'm in the middle of confessing my love for you. What could you possibly have to say?"  he asks

I jump into his arms, my legs are around his waist, almost as if climbing a pole.

"Shut up and kiss me." I say leaning into him "You know you want to."

Our lips lock slowly. My tongue is tangled in his. His cool fingers press against my cheeks. I hear my heart beat loudly as the kiss deepens.

 ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨