chapter 1

The second Jack Wilder was flung into the magic world, he knew he wouldn't be able to get enough. That is, of course, until he did get enough. He'd had enough of practicing basic street magic and card tricks good enough to wow people; he wanted more. He wanted fame. He wanted to be adored. He wanted to be the best sleight of hand anyone had seen. Jack Wilder wanted all of this. What he didn't know, was that he would get all of this, just by picking up a single card.

                           ———

J. Daniel Atlas was an illusionist who made it big. And I mean big. He always made everything more fun, more enormous, more lively, and maybe more alcohol filled, than it ever needed to be. Daniel always wanted things to be in his control. That's what he needed to stay focused. He knew it was messed up, but control was his drug, and he could never get enough. As Daniel walked onstage, the crowd roared with hollers and shouts of, "I love you!", "You're hot!", and the classic, "Marry me, Danny!". He'd heard them all. And, every single boring time those words fell on his deaf ears, he could've sworn that he wanted to wake up with a serious ear infection the next morning and never be able to hear again. Saying that the things they shouted made him uncomfortable was an understatement. He liked the fame, hell, he revelled in it. He just wasn't ready for the fans trying to get under his skin; trying to make him explode with absolute anger.