chapter 5

Jack sat at the bar, taking small sips of his drink. The Horsemen had gone to a local club to celebrate coming back. Merritt hardly ever got drunk, but the other three, however, got so hammered they could hardly speak without all of their words slurring into one. If they had to be sorted into types, Merritt would be the angry drunk: the guy who punches everything and shouts a lot, Henley would be the happy drunk: the person who laughs and jokes about everything, Danny would be the flirty drunk: the one who talks his way into people's pants and leaves before they can even see him, and Jack would be the sad drunk: the type  that lays on the ground exploring the idea of cosmic nothingness.

"Jaaaaaack." Danny groaned, pouting and resting his chin on Wilder's shoulder. "Come dance with me."
"No, Danny." Jack said quietly. He knew Danny could hear him, so he didn't have to raise his voice as much. "I'm not dancing with you."
"Oh, come on!" Danny uttered.
"Danny, for the last time; no." Jack spoke a little louder than the times before, knowing that Danny still wouldn't listen to him.

The way Danny whispered his next words were the only thing Jack would respond positively to.

"Please, Jacky."

Jack could've sworn his heart had skipped a beat, there was no way Danny used that nickname for him. Whenever Danny uses a nickname, it's usually the person's last name, not something like Jacky.

———

As the night wore on, Jack and Danny kept laughing, smiling, and dancing together. But what they didn't expect, was the girl who came up to them while Danny was showing Jack how to do a certain trick.
"Hey, I saw you doing magic over here, and I wondered if you could perform a trick for me." She said, her voice warm and sweet.
"Uh, sure thing." Danny replied. He shuffled his cards and told the girl to look at a certain one when he flicked through them. She had her eye on the seven of diamonds; the one most people pick. Danny threw the cards up into the air and smirked, telling her to look at her glass. And, there it was; the seven of diamonds was embedded into the glass the girl had been drinking from.
"That was pretty cool." Jack said, smiling.
"You know, I can do that trick 52 different ways." Danny smiled, just before Jack moved his face closer to Danny's.

And Jack had gotten brave; oh so brave.

"Can you do 52 different tricks on me?" He said, adding a small smirk and a wink.

"I'll see what I can do." Danny narrowed his lust-filled eyes and pressed a small kiss to Jack's lips.

Later that night, Jack could've sworn he could have been able to define exactly what pure bliss felt like.