chapter 3

A horrible ringing noise made it's way through Danny's ears, and it wasn't going away any time soon. Danny groaned quietly and ran a hand through his newly shaved hair. He sat up, taking a single look at where he was before flopping back down onto the couch. After around twenty minutes of laying there and staring at the ceiling and trying to conceal the pain of his pounding headache, Danny finally got up and made his way to Merritt's room; he always had Aspirin, for whatever strange reason (it was probably for this exact situation that Merritt held onto it). When Danny got back to the lounge area/kitchen, he saw Jack making his breakfast. His pyjama pants were hanging low on his hips, exposing a little of his skin where his shirt was a little too small for him. Danny wanted to stand there and rake his eyes over the boy and take in his appearance, but that was something he could never do. He made his way over to the cabinet where they kept the glasses and took one out, filling it with water. Danny put the Aspirin in his mouth and washed it down with the water.
"Mornin', sleepyhead." Jack said quietly, his voice barely above a whisper.
"Morning, I guess." Danny replied groggily.