Chapter Eight

During the next week i healed up and went to train with Kakashi.

I was getting bored until I got an idea.  

-

"Hey Kakashi, what do you think of a match? Not a serious one like you and Gai. Although those ones are just stupid." 

He glanced at me. "You mean as in a fight?" 

I rolled my eyes "What else do you think I'm talking about?" 

"Nothing." He thought about it for a minute, then sighed. "Why not? No harm in trying. Rules?"  

"We can only use taijutsu. No genjutsu or ninjutsu. Deal?" 

He smiled behind his mask. "Done. When?"  

"Hmmm. Tomorrow. Sunrise." 

"Okay." 

Naruto and Sakura were looking at me like they thought i was crazy. 

"What?" i asked.  

"You and Kakashi sensei? Fighting? You think you can win?" Sakura asked 

"She is going to win! Yeah! Believe it!" Naruto yelled.  

Sakura rolled her eyes. "Where is my darling Sasuke? I need to tell him of the news!".  

I raised an eyebrow. 'My Sasuke'? Wow. This was serious. I have to see how he reacts to that nickname.  

"He's over there." i had set up targets like Itachi used to and Sasuke was practicing.  

"I'll go and tell him." she bounced in the direction i pointed.  

-

I went to Naruto and whispered "Coming? I'm going to follow her. I want to see Otouto sans reaction." 

He grinned evilly.  

"And just what are you two planning?"  

Naruto and i froze. I didn't recognise the voice.  

I turned around and saw a little boy about half Narutos age standing there with a pout. I was guessing he was Tazuna's grandson.  

"What does it matter? We were messing around." i shrugged.  

"Ninja aren't meant to mess around."  

I heard Naruto grind his teeth. "Listen here you little-" 

I put my hand over his mouth. "Just because we are Ninja, doesn't mean that our lives have to be serious all the time. If we're like that, we wouldn't be human. If there is one thing that i have learnt is that anybody can be human, everyone can care and everyone matters, no matter what their bodies contain." i directed the last statement at Naruto. He noticed what it meant and he started crying. I looked down at him and smiled. What i said was true. Naruto may have the nine tailed fox within him but he was not a bad person. He was the opposite. I knew that the reason he used to paint the walls was to just have some attention from somebody. He became a Ninja also for that reason. To become someone that was cared and respected.  

"Hmph! Crying just proves that he is weak." 

I looked at the child. "No. It proves that he has a heart amd feelings. Something you appear not to have. Inari. Thats your name isn't it? Do you know what your name means?" 

"No." he said stubbornly 

"It means 'successful one'. But i will tell you this. Even if you become successful, you'll be disrespected and hated, for your lack of courage and caring. It is not somethjng to be proud of."