Epilogue

I perched on the roof of her house, the sounds of early morning were soothing. I could smell the soft ginger scent of Sybelle. Her Feral scent was cherishable to me, Balto had already threatened me.

It was the first time he had come after me. He had yet to tell her though, even though he mated her. His scent didn't claim her fully. It may have been because I was outside and couldn't catch her scent. The sound of glass shattering made me smile.

"Good morning." I laughed watching my breath fog.

On cue her voice cut angrily through the air, "No! I trusted you! How could you." her voice warbled treacherously making my body tense.

Balto that bastard. He didn't deserve her, no man deserved her especially me. But I had never cared for things I could have, I much rather enjoyed the things I was told not to touch.

I could hear Sybelle screaming at Balto, I don't think she even knew how to use the profanity she was. Her speech even when upset was mild and tamed at best. He had told her, it was the only reason for her outbursts.

"Sybelle wait, come back let me explain!" I heard my retched brother call out to my lovely little kitten, she must have her claws out to make him sound so vulnerable and weak.

"Don't-Don't you dare follow me, I don't want-" her voice cut off, "I don't want to talk to you just leave me alone." She sobbed.

Hm, she was curbing the language. She must be gaining control again.

The house shook with the force of her slamming the front door behind her, I watched as she walked across the front yard before her trembling legs collapsed beneath her. Her thin pale arms were wrapped tightly around her abdomen as her back arched, she was fighting her Feral side.

"Balto." I growled. He didn't explain to her the perils of fighting the Feral side.

Then again I doubted he had had the chance, she had merely walked away from him. If she were mated to me then she wouldn't have gotten that chance. I probably would have told her right off the bat. Nobody walked away from me, ever.

I prided myself on the fact that when I wanted somebody to stay still they went dead still. But I could never hurt her, gods know I had tried to hurt her, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. She intrigued me almost as much as Balto.

Rising to my feet I took a step forward dropping down into the front yard landing in a crouch. She was on her feet in a heartbeat her eyes wide and teary locking with mine it was as though her life flashed through her eyes.

I wanted those eyes, for her to be mine. I could give her freedom from this emotional torment, allow her to feel something stronger and more controllable.

"Do you understand it now?" I asked her walking forward, "Do you understand why so many of the people you loved were Ferals themselves?"

"Leave me alone, please" she cried doubling back over.

The scent of her feral was fluctuating, I stepped behind her wrapping my hand over her forehead. Her mouth opened and I watched her eyes spike into Feral then they slowly changed back to human. She fell back against me her heart beat slowing and her breathing relaxing with the rest of her body.

I sighed dropping my head forward, she was a pain, a boring, intricate, and loathsome pain that wouldn't leave me alone. The air fell silent as he sun began to rise stretching long orange shadows over the dewy grass.

"What to do?" I mused my arms still wrapped around her chest while my hand pressed to her forehead.

When she woke she would have the worst migraine known to mankind. I looked around the front lawn, leaving her out here wasn't an option. Poor little kitten. With a heavy sigh I lifted her up into my arms, her body was about as helpful as a limp noodle or piece of soggy grass.

Baby-on-the-doorstep would be the appropriate approach but Balto needed to learn, she was too valuable and to unstable to be left alone. Instead of romancing her he should have told her and begun training her body and mind. Then again I had never known such a civilized Feral, much less a Femcat.

Sybelle shifted in my arms as I carried her down the sleeping street towards my car, a white Shelby mustang. I liked the bulk of the car frame, I could hit somebody and get away with it. The windows, naturally, were tinted dark to keep nosey police from peeking in and signing their own death sentence.

Shifting Sybelle's curled body around I pulled her in closer using my right hand to open the passenger side door. She fit perfectly into the black leather seat, the fact she was passed out made buckling her in easier since she wasn't struggling.

My father would be ashamed of his son acting so disgustingly soft towards a woman no less. Her soft black hair tumbled down around her pale ashen face. I brushed my knuckles down her cheek and felt myself smile, I wanted her Feral, to see how ruthless she could be.

As I moved into the driver seat I glanced at her calm sleeping face, her mouth parted as she breath in. The dark hair a bitter reminder of Balto, but her pale face sacked in unconsciousness.

Those treacherous lips burning like hellfire against mine, that memory haunted me like a burn on my soul and the only sooth came from her. I would make Balto worry for a while, I'll make him chase me, or more so chase her.

"Lets go, Kitten."