Chapter Three.

Once first lunch came around, I walked around the spaced out cafeteria, looking for Kyra at the most, but I didn't see her. Maybe she had second lunch. I was wrong once I saw her walking towards me with a girl. She had straight, black hair and her skin was toned and clear.

"Hi, Hailey!" Kyra smiled to me.

I smiled back at her as the other girl looked at me and smiled. "Oh, you're Hailey!" The other girl semi-yelled but still with a smile on her face. How the hell do you know me? I wanted to say but I nodded. "Sorry. It's just that in second block, Keith was talking about you to this other guy."

He was talking about me already? He doesn't even know me yet. All he knows is my name and what I look like. "Why?" I slowly asked her.

"He told the guy you had an attitude with him but you have a pretty accent." She kind of laughed and looked at me. "But you do have an accent. I can definitely tell." I wanted to walk away but I just stood there and looked towards Kyra who was rolling her eyes at what the other girl said. "My name is Kelsie, by the way," she smiled.

"Nice to know who you are." It came out smartly but I smiled if off. Kyra told us to come with her and we followed behind her as I kept getting the usual stares all day. I know I don't blend in with everyone here but they could at least glance and look away. They're making it obvious.

We sat down at a table and Kyra sat beside me as Kelsie sat on the other side.

"What class did you just come from?" Kyra asked me.

"Drama," I told her. "People in there are so annoying."

"I know how you feel. I take Drama tomorrow," Kelsie said.

At least we can agree on something. She probably thinks I'm being nice to her but in reality, I'm just talking to her so she won't get ignored. I can say that I'm mean but I don't wanna be rude to anyone because people would get stabbed quickly.

Another girl with short black hair with a light green and blonde ombre came and sat down talking about some guy named Leon. I think it's really unique to see that they all looked different from each other and not the same style. It get's boring seeing cliques that dress just alike. She then looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Hailey."

My eyes got wide a little as I smiled. I'm guessing she was in the same class as Kelsie. "Hi," I mumbled.

"You must be Keith's new crush because he was talking about you in my class not too long ago." Her eyes scanned my face a little. "You're really pretty though." I smiled and she said, "I'm Mia. I'm the nice one out of these two," she said, pointing at Kyra and Kelsie, causing me to smile.

"We all know that's a lie," Kyra laughed before looking at me. "She has her smart comments too. You two will get along fine."

I was happy with Kyra that she admitted that to me. I know I have smart responses to people sometimes but I just don't want them to get the wrong idea. I could talk with them but as far as being their friends, I couldn't do that because of my Dad's rules. But I never tell them that. I couldn't even hang out with them if I wanted to because he said people would get suspicious about how we live.

After lunch was over, I found out that Mia and I had Pre-Calculus together. Since the cafeteria had a separate building too, we walked a short distance back to the main building.

"How was Santa Barbara?" Mia asked, trying to make conversation with me.

"It was alright I guess. I was only there for a month before we moved here. I hope we don't move as quickly as we did," I said truthfully. I just want to settle down at one house until I'm finished with high school and go off to college. After that, my Dad can move by himself all he wants to. Just not when I'm still living with him.