Chapter Two.

I listened to the lady as she told me where all my classes would be and what lunch I would have. "I know the school seems big but it will be easy to get around. It's just a wide building with three floors. Would you like me to get someone to show you around?" She asked, smiling.

I shrugged and looked at my Dad. He gave me a look and I turned back and said, "I guess that'll be fine."

She nodded and got up from her desk and walked around a corner.

"You look beautiful," my Dad smiled.

"You told me that already," I slowly said. "You don't have to repeat it."

"A thank you would be nice."

I stared at him. "Thank you, Charles," I said, calling him by his first name.

The lady, or should I say Ms. Renders, came back with a girl with black hair and it was pulled back in a ponytail. As she smiled, you could see light pink braces in her mouth.

"Hi, I'm Saleana," she said, holding out her hand.

"Hailey," I slightly smiled back, shaking her hand.

"Alright, Saleana. I want you to take Hailey on a small tour around the school. Show her every inch of it. Don't slack off like last time," Ms. Renders told her.

She kind of laughed and nodded. "I will be sure to do that."

"Have a good first day," my Dad said, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "I'll get someone to drop off your car so you can drive back home." I nodded as he patted my back and said bye to everyone. I could see Ms. Renders staring hard at him and even the Saleana girl was staring at him too.

Other females always found my Dad attractive for whatever reason.

"First, I'm going to take you around the first floor." Saleana walked out and I walked out the office behind her as she started down the hall. "The first floor mainly consists of all the Science and Math classes. They are separated into corners. Biology and Algebra, first wing. Chemistry and Geometry, second wing. Physics 1 and Pre-Calculus, third wing. And for Physics 2 and Calculus, fourth wing. Classes that include Trigonometry, Physical Science, Health Science, Statistics, stuff like that, they wouldn't be in a wing but when you're walking down the hall, the classes will be on either the left or right, between the wings."

I nodded as she continued talking about the Science classes. I looked in every class at other kids doing their work; some looked like they were bored out of their lives. Something that's strange about this school is that they have these long windows so you can look inside.

"I know you're wondering about these windows," Saleana laughed. "You can see them but they can't see you. If they try looking at the window, they'll only get a reflection of themselves. The principal, Mr. Yelverton, got them installed so the administrators can keep an eye on us when we don't even know."

That was the smartest thing I've ever heard a principal do. "Really? That's smart. I'm sure that cost a lot of money."

"It did, actually. I think fifteen hundred for each by 32''."

My eyes grew wide once I heard that. That is pretty expensive for some windows inside a school.

After walking through the first floor, we got to the second floor. "This is where the electives are and most of the history classes. For electives, that includes classes like music, drama, Culinary Art classes, Art, Photography, Foreign Languages, and stuff in that sort. The second floor is the biggest because it has the most classes. For history, it's stuff like World Geography, World History, even Art History." She took me around the second floor and we soon got to the third floor. "And this is where all the English and some of the other elective classes are. And that's really it. So I'm sure it would be easy to find your way around because we even have signs on each corner of the hall to tell what classes there are. The gym has its own separate building." She took me down a hall to a big window and I looked out to see the gym, a football field, a soccer field and I was guessing the student parking lot.