Chapter Eleven.

I felt movement around me and before I knew it, I felt a sharp pain go through my spine. I kind of yelled out and sat up and looked around. I noticed I was in the guest bedroom and Keith was staring at me with a key in his hand. Did he just really slide that sharp key down my back? I grabbed a pillow and set on hitting him in the face but he grabbed it and threw it to the floor.

"What is wrong with you?" I semi-yelled.

"You wouldn't wake up," he shrugged. "So I just scratched my key down your back. You're kind of a hard sleeper."

I rolled my eyes at him and saw he had on different clothes. "Why do you look like that? Why am I just waking up?"

"Earlier when I was trying to wake you up," he started, "you didn't wake up. I was trying to see if you wanted to go with me to pick up Riley and go to church and you never woke up. I've been gone for four hours and you still wasn't awake."

"Well, you didn't have to scratch me down my back with your stupid keys," I mumbled. I got out the bed and Riley walked to the door and once she saw me, she immediately smiled and ran to me as I gave her a big hug. "Awe, I missed you!"

"I'm glad you're back!" She beamed. "Now, we can watch movies and have tea time like last time."

I was kind of excited to spend time with her but Keith instantly killed the buzz. "No, Riley. I have to get her home. I don't want her Dad to start plotting on how to kill me."

I glared at him once he said that and he made a face at me. "Oh, shut up. My Dad won't be here until later on tonight. I won't have to leave until around six, so yes, Riley, I will play with you." She jumped up and down and grabbed my hand, sticking her tongue out at Keith. I looked at him and did the same as he made a sarcastic happy face and flicked me off as I snickered at him.

Before I hung out with Riley, I did my daily routines and decided to wash my hair. As I dried it off, I let my damp hair lay on my back and noticed how wavy it was. You could notice the brown in my hair was slowly starting to set in. I know soon, I would end up going back to Ginger to get my black hair back but for now, I could just work with this.

I walked out the bathroom to bump into someone and instead of looking up, I looked down. Riley smiled up at me and I smiled back. "Keith won't be joining us this time. He wants to be rude and in his feelings."

I knelt down to her level. "Well, how about this. You go in your room and get everything set up and I'll go talk to your brother. Alright?" She smiled and nodded, running off into her room. I walked down the hall and to Keith's door that was shut. I didn't feel like knocking so I just opened the door to see him unbuttoning his church shirt. He looked at me and was about to say something but I cut him off.

"How come you don't want to play with Riley?" I asked, walking into the room closing the door silently.

"I play with her six days out of the week. I need a break at least for one day. Playing with her gets annoying after awhile," he told me. "My Mom should be here soon so after I drop you off, I'm going to go all over the place until she calls me and tells me to come home to take care of Riley once again." I didn't get why he told me that but I just shrugged it off.

"You only have one little sister, Keith. Please don't do that to her," I said, remembering what one of my brother's girlfriends told him one day when he was being rude to me. After that, he loved me like no other and made sure to always be with me.

"Her own parents don't even cherish her as much as I do," he argued. "I feel like the single parent when I'm with her through these long days and nights while my parents are at work or out for dinner. I never complain, I just do it."