Chapter Ten.

Halo by Beyoncé

-----------

I pushed the shopping cart out the store as Keith and I walked out the store and back to his car. He opened the doors to the backseat and helped me put the bags in. We went out shopping because he wanted us to make dinner. I tried telling him we could of just ordered something but he said he wanted to actually cook. I just went with it.

"Why don't you just put them in the trunk?" I asked him once we finished, shutting the door.

"Because it'll be easier to get to the back then having to walk all the way to the trunk to get the bags," he told me. That doesn't even make any sense. Either way, you're still wasting time. "You've been so questionable today. You should be quiet for a little while."

We got inside the car as he started it up and I turned my head towards him. "Because you're acting slow. You haven't been making sense all day."

He pulled out the parking spot and started driving to the exit. "I never make sense unless it's a topic worth talking about." He turned the radio up as Drake song came on and he started singing it, rocking back and forth. In my opinion, even though guys are mostly the ones to talk about how he's always sensitive about things, they be the main ones singing and rapping to his songs on the daily basis.

"You have a smart mouth."

He stopped singing and glanced at me. "I do? I don't think so. It's just some of the stuff I say, I never have an emotion on my face or in my voice."

"You should really work on that," I told him.

"And you should really work on your attitude," he chuckled. "You just came to Richland High and everyone already knows you're rude and mean."

"I'm not rude," I protested.

He looked at me with a face I couldn't read. "Don't lie to yourself, Hailey."

As he drove, I noticed everything around me looked unfamiliar. Where we were driving, a lot of people had bags in their hands with stores that read Gucci, Chanel, Cottoniere and many other stuff. Half of them I've never even heard of. All of this stuff is expensive; I could tell by the way these people around here dressed. My Dad probably can afford it. I expect that we were just passing through here but we ended up parking and I looked at Keith.

"What are you doing? Why are we here?" I asked him.

"You like to shop, right?" He smiled. He got out the car and walked to my side and opened the door before I could. "I just thought you would like something like this." He helped me out and shut the door behind me and looked around. "I've been around here quite a few times. I just have to stick to my budget shopping here."

He walked away and I looked around and saw what the women around me were wearing. Some had on heels or flats. Some had on a blouse. Some even had on dresses that looked super expensive just by the material. I saw them carrying hand bags with the store brand name on it. Even though I had on expensive clothes, I almost felt like I didn't fit in with what they were wearing at all.

I looked and saw Keith still walking and he was further up. I jogged after him and noticed he was almost dressed like the men or guys around here. So, he must of known we were coming here? He could of informed me and I would have put on something more... more fashionable to make me fit in. "Why did you bring me here when I look like this?" I whispered to him, referring to my outfit.

He looked down at me. "I think you look cute and different. People probably don't even know the brands you're wearing right now except the Levi pants. They only know about these stores only."