Chapter 1

They continued to show up for the next couple of days. Sometimes gradually getting darker while most times it stayed the same shade of Crimson red.

Very rarely they arrived with a dark unforgiving "I" inscribed into them. But a single "I" made all the difference. On those days she often hugged the petal to her chest tightly. Holding onto what only lasted mere moments.

She rolled the petal in between her fingers, her nail running carefully over the "D." What did it mean? It frustrated her, knowing fully that whatever it meant, it wasn't good.

For the next couple of days she compiled a list of words starting with "D" in her head.

"Down...drought...depressed...no,no,no, that's not it!" Rey groaned in frustration, glaring at the dark letter. "Doom...dynasty...die...dye — dying!"

She squinted her eyes at the petal. "Dying..." her voice cracked. "D" meant dying, her stomach dropped.

Throughout the rest of the day, the letter flashed in her mind, taunting her. Rey believed she was slowly going insane. They continued to come, bearing the same damn letter.

She thought she was going to explode. It left an unsettling feeling in her stomach, she knew something was wrong but she couldn't put a finger on it.

"Finn?"

"Rey? I'm a work why are you calling?"

"I just wanted to know that you're okay."

"I'm okay peanut, don't worry."

"Oh...I'm sorry. Bye Finn."

A similar conversation continued with everyone on her contacts. They probably thought she was crazy. With every call the petals continued to show and with every call the feeling of dread consumed her.

She knew that the petal was something important. It took many tears and unsettling stomach aches till it finally hit her. It was a person. Someone out there was dying, and she didn't know who. Rey was convinced she was insane.

A/N: I finally finished chapter 1 omg I hope y'all like this so far <3 - ThatBubbleGumBxtch