Chapter 5

The next day Rey was almost excited for the petal to show. The frayed blackened edges didn't seem to affect her as much as they have. Maybe since she had a lead.

A son, a son my age.

It twisted her stomach with hope. And with that hope she headed over to Finn.

"What?!"

"A son! A son! A son my age! Finn you have to help me!"

"I don't know peanut..."

"Please, you have to."

"What if he's not the person? It'll all be for nothing."

"I have hope."

"Hope isn't always enough, peanut."

"Please..."

Finn sighed, obviously defeated.

"Fine but —"

"Thank you! Thank you Finn!"

Rey laughed, hugging him so tightly she had to ability to squeeze the life out of him.

"You didn't let me finish."

"Then finish."

Rey was giddy, jumping around slightly as she spoke.

"But you can't let anyone know about this, I don't want to get fired. Promise you won't tell?"

"I promise."

"Thank you."

The duo had arrived at the hospital later that evening. Rey wrinkled her nose as they stepped inside, she never really liked hospitals. The smell of antiseptics always left a bad taste in her mouth. Finn looked at her wearily.

"Finn, has the General checked into here for visiting hours?"

"I'm not quite sure..."

"I thought you would know."

"I don't work with visitation, you know that Rey."

"I'm sorry, I just —"

"I get it, let's just find another way."

Her face fell slightly, she had been hoping it would be somewhat easier. Finn had soon interrupted her thoughts.

"You said you worked for her right?"

"Y-yeah."

"Maybe approach the hospital desk and say you need to give something to her?"

"Finn you're a genius!"

She pulled him into a tight embrace before heading up to the desk.

"How may I help you?"

"I'm looking for Leia Organa? Um, I work for her and need to drop something off."

"She's not a patient here miss."

"I've heard she's visiting someone here."

The woman behind the desk simply nodded before looking through a binder.

"Oh, yes. She should be in room 435."

"Thank you."

Rey gave the woman a small smile before almost running down the halls. Soon enough she spotted the numbers next to a whitedoor. The numbers painted dark and contrasting against the stark white.

"Here does nothing..." she muttered before slowly opening the door.
Her stomach did somersaults as the people inside came to a clearer view.

The General was crouched next to the hospital bed in obvious distress, holding the hand of the person unconscious in bed. A man was also present, standing next to a fluffy dog. His face was unmoving but Rey could see lingering regret in his eyes.

Then her eyes moved to the person they had surrounded. Rey's breath hitched. He was unmoving, face baby like and innocent as he lay unconscious. The person had dark curly black hair which was plastered to his forehead as well as parts of his neck.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing. But somehow she knew, it was him. Rey cried.

A/N: so I finally have chapter 5 up!! I've been in procrastination mode for the past month but it's here! Thank you all for sticking with this story <3
~ ThatBubbleGumBxtch