Part 5

Jace showed me to his room, which wasn’t what I expected. Instead of a black room with weapons hanging on the walls, it was a light blue with nothing on the walls. I walked up to the dresser which was directly across from his bed, the wood was a dark oak and pictures and cologne covered the top. All of the pictures consisted of him at a younger age (maybe ten) with an older man and younger boy who I assumed was his dad and brother. They aged from Jace being a toddler to about young teens, but no recent ones. I examined the room to see if there were any others, but the ones that lay on his desk were of his friends and him. 

I caught Jace’s expression drop as he noticed me checking out the pictures. He quickly pulled out a drawer from his dresser, and held up a big white T-shirt and then opened another to reveal sweat pants. "You can wear these." He said harshly, something about those pictures killed his mood. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, taking the clothing from his hands. I tried to read his expression but came up blank. 

"Yeah perfectly fine." He said softly, closing the drawers. 

"Jace..." 

"No really Riley I am!" His voice became normal again, which gave me some reassurance. "Bathrooms right next door and I'll be down stairs if you need anything." I nodded and Jace left. Down in the far corner of his room was a guitar case, he played? Why was I ever scared of this boy? Behind all the fighting and suspensions, he really was a different guy that no one knows. I stripped down and put on Jace's clothes which were big and comfy. I unveiled his royal blue blankets on his bed and crawled in. 

After staring at the ceiling for four hours straight I finally realized that there's no chance of me getting any sleep. I slipped out of bed and entered the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face, i had no ounce of tiredness in me, I hoped that maybe it would draw out something. Literally nothing could help me now. I debated on going downstairs to wake Jace up but decided not to. I pulled out my phone, both Kat and Marissa had gone to sleep and there was really no one else I talked to. I headed back to the room and sat on the beds edge scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed. Suddenly a notification popped up on my phone. 

Jace: I know you're up ;) come downnn

I glanced up at the time, why was Jace up at 3 am? It didn’t even matter, I needed something to do. I crept downstairs and met Jace sitting up on the couch with Netflix homepage shining on the large television screen. "How come you're up?" I asked my voice cracky. 

He gestured for me to sit by him on the couch, "I couldn’t possibly sleep knowing you're not sleeping. I just needed a sign that you were awake. Did you sleep at all?"

"I don’t even think I blinked." 

"You just need to get your mind off things, how about a comedy?" I glanced over and smiled largely. "Awesome, I know just the movie." 

Somehow within the movie I ended up in Jace’s arms. I don’t even remember anything that happened in or during the movie; I thankfully fell fast asleep within the first half hour. I woke up at 6 am with Jace still under spell. His arms were tight around me and my legs were wrapped around his. I looked up to his eyes lightly shut; his face was even more beautiful when he was sleeping. My head lay on his slow rising chest, keeping a steady pace. I couldn’t help but smile. 

I grabbed my phone which lay beside my squished between couch cushions. A message from Kat appeared on the screen. 

Katt :* : Am I picking you up!? You're at your house right?? 

Me: no worries! I got a drive!

Katt: okk bb!

I accidentally elbowed Jace in the ribs trying to fit my phone back in my pocket. "Its six o'clock Fray." Jace moaned. 

"How did you know the time?" 

"Lucky guess. I'm assuming I'm right, like always." Even in the mornings he was arrogant. I shook my head and sat up, resting my hands on his chest. "Are you not going back to sleep?" 

"I’m lucky I got three hours." I muttered, getting ready to stand up. What the hell was I doing? While my mom is kidnapped I'm tangled up with a boy. "You're getting up!?" He whined. 

"Yeah. I’m sorry. I never should have done this..." I apologized, shuffling out of the covers. 

"Riley!? It’s not like we did anything." Jace scrambled to a sitting position. 

"No I can’t." I brought my hand to my face and began to run upstairs. 

"Riley what is your problem!?" I didn’t turn around to see if he was following me. I gathered my clothes from Jace's room and scrambled into the bathroom. I quickly stripped and put on my clothes from yesterday. I don’t know what has gotten into me, but i couldn’t bear to see Jace’s face. I opened the door to Jace leaning against the wall. "Riley, did I do something?" I walked through him, he quickly grabbed onto my wrist pulling me back. "Riley." 

"Let go!" I screeched. 

"Tell me." He seductively whispered in my ear. 

"This is a mistake. All of it. I shouldn’t even be talking to you. Just... Just forget it. Everything. I’m sorry." 

"Riley what the hell are you talking about?" 

"Let me go." I whispered. Jace’s grip let up, i quickly yanked my arm out of reach. 

"Riley I need you." He pleaded. 

"What?" I stopped in my tracks, "You don’t even know me." 

"Look. I'm sorry if I say I need you, but I don’t care, I'm not afraid to admit it. Because when I'm not with you I'm weaker. Is that so wrong?” Jace’s eyes were full of passion. 

"Jace I'm so sorry, I just can’t do this." It hurt, it really hurt not just collapsing in his arms that very second. What he just said was the sweetest thing I've ever heard. 

"Riley you can’t keep pushing people away. Why do you think that you only have two friends? Everyone’s tried but you keep fucking pushing them away! You're so selfish! Do you even care about people other than yourself!? You're a loser! Everyone’s tried but you're an antisocial loser! Don’t you realize!?" Jace’s face became pale directly after the words left his mouth. I felt my eyes fill with tears, "Riley I didn’t mean it..." 

"Is that what everyone thinks?" Tears were now falling down my cheek, "is that what you think?" 

"Riley please let me explain..." Jace reached for me, but I was long gone