Part 6

I didnt know where I was running to. It was absolutely freezing outside so I quickly did the math, Marissa's house was the closest to here. My legs were completely numb and shaking my the time I reached her front door. It had to be atleast -40 and all I was in was ripped jeans and a sweater. I knocked on the door with my aching knuckles and her mom whipped the door open. "Oh my gosh Riley! Come in come in!" The woman shuffled out of the way so I could make my way inside "I'll make some hot cocoa! RISS! RILEY'S HERE!" Hot Chocolate. I silently thought to myself, who calls it cocoa?

"Oh my gosh Riley! I only just got your text oh my gosh." Marissa rushed down the stairs and wrapped me in a big hug. "I still cant believe you stayed the night at Jaces though.."

"I cant either..." I sighed, accepting the hot chocolate from Marrissa's mother, " I wish I didnt. I know I push people away, and It's a problem... but...I dont know... I didnt think I'd hear Jace say those words. I thought he was different..." 

"Ri, he is different. He cares about you." Marissa reached for her phone on the table. "See?" She held up the screen, Jace's text's filled her screen asking for where I am, and how sorry he was. "He's a boy, he says stupid stuff, you have to realize that." I nodded, holding back my tears, "Now let's get you cleaned up for school." She held out her hand to help me up and I accepted, getting pulled up into the standing position. 

We arrived at the school thirty minutes early like usual. The school was completely silent when we stepped in except for the little gossip whispers. I peered over to Marissa, checking if she was as confused as me, and she was. We walked up to a group of girls and asked what was going on, "You didnt hear?" The girls gasped, "Jace Winters is here, I heard he escaped from jail." 

"Are you stupid... he didnt even get sent to jail idiots, and if he did escape he wouldnt go to school where everyone could find him." I snapped, pulling Marissa with me as I walked away. "Stupid freshman." I muttered. I opened my mouth to speak when a forced pulled me back I turned around to face after I was done tripping. "What the hell Jace."

"Thats all you say, after running out on me like that?" His hair was neatly styled like usual, slightly to one side. 

"Excuse me!? I wouldnt have run out like that if it wasnt for you." The boy grabbed my wrists, and looked me deep in the eyes.

"Riley I am so sorry for what I said, I was just pissed, I didnt mean it." 

"Yes you did. Everyone thinks that, the only thing that surprised me was that you said it. I thought you were different." I trembled.

"Riley please, I dont care what you do with other people, if you push them away or not, I just dont want that to happen to me. Give me a chance. I havent done anything wrong." 

"I just want to be alone Jace." I sighed, turning away from him. He stil gripped onto my left wrist, resisting my exit.

"No you don't. Who wants to be left alone when their hurting?" I kept my back away from him. "Please Riley, look at me." I held my breath, dont give in. "Riiiiileeeeeeyyy." He cooed, stroking my arm with his free hand. He slowly moved his fingers up to my neck, sending chills and goosebumps all over my body. I spun around and faced the worried boy, he slowly loosened his grip on me and I broke my wrist free. I wrapped my arms around his neck and collasped my face into his chest. "So I guess we're good?" He chuckled, pulling me closer into him. 

"I guess." I grinned, lifting my gaze into his eyes.  His smile, it was so welcoming, an open door to his heart. It was a true smile, the one I looked at, true and pure full of happiness which came rare with Jace. I ran through his rich dark hair making it more of a messy look, a giggle escaped from my mouth as he frantically tried to fix it.  Jace reached for my hand, I quickly pulled my arm into my torso, he gave me a confused look but let it go.