"Prove it."

"Honestly you don-"

"No. If you want me to take you seriously then show me." She interrupted. This girl was playing with fire here, if I let my wolf out now he's gonna want to take her right here and now. Shit.

I sighed and reluctantly removed her from my lap where she had settled after she got over the initial shock of me pulling her to me.

"Okay. Ground rules- No running away. No screaming. And please whatever you do don't rush towards me." She nodded slowly as I walked away from her to the middle of my little garden.

Summoning all my strength I brought my wolf to the forefront and felt the change begin. I placed myself on my knees knowing it's easier for when my bones shorten and felt my back start to pop with the familiar searing hot pains which ripped through my body. I heard her gasp in horror as I knew my skin was turning inside out to reveal my fur. My face elongated and I saw my wet black nose in front of my eyes. The change was nearly complete.

I looked over to my mate as the pain faded away. My senses suddenly hit me like a breath of fresh air and I breathed in deeply, my eyes adjusting with my enhanced sight.

I saw her then. Crying on her knees at the edge of the grass. I knew I didn't want her to touch me but it hurt to see her like this.

Cautiously I padded over to her and dropped my head down to look her in the eyes. She rubbed at the tears and stared at me in wonder.

"Wh-How? What?" She was confused. And I didn't blame her. I mean, look at me! I just turned into a fucking wolf in front of a human. What the fuck am I doing?! I need to know if she's trusted before I show her this. Shit!

I slowly lifted my head and muzzled her hand, receiving a small smile in return. She lifted her hand and reached out towards me, looking into my eyes first for my approval. I gave her a singular nod before she began to stroke my fur and ran her fingers under the thicker hairs between the back of my front legs. I nuzzled into her shoulder and we stayed like that for quite some time until I saw her getting tired and slowly pushed myself to my feet. She looked at me in surprise but I looked into her eyes and before I knew it she was stood beside me. I began to walk forwards and walked up to my back door which she had left open. Glancing back to confirm what my senses already told me, she was following me. I didn't look back once I was over the thresh at the door, I walked through the house, up the stairs and straight into my room where I pushed the door shut with my nose and shifted. I didn't get long alone before she walked in.

Her eyes widened in shock as I stood there naked. I forgot my clothes had come off when I shifted before so I don't think she expected me to be naked.

We just stared at each other for a moment before she surprised me. She looked me in the eyes and began to take her clothes off until we were both fully naked looking at each other.

"There, now we're equal.. and now I don't feel bad checking you out when you're so obviously checking me out!" She laughed a little bit at the end of her sentence which alerted me to the fact that I had been staring up and down at her naked body this whole time. I knew my eyes had turned black as soon as she walked in the room but it was getting increasingly hard to hold back my Wolf and my emotions.

I didn't know what to do. For the first time in my existence I knew what I wanted but didn't know what to do about it.

I needed to explain the mates thing before anything happens because she's gonna freak out if I just bite her! How am I gonna avoid mating with my mate right now?! This is every Werewolf's dream! Why can't it just be simple...