Chapter 9

"They've got the kingdom locked up

"They've got the kingdom locked up..."

3rd person POV

"This year, because of the lack of money," the principal said through the intercom. "Prom is canceled."

"What?" Ashley whispered to Avery. "That's impossible, I know I don't want to go and shit, but I had to be Alison."

"That's shit, Ashley." Quinn said from behind me. "I already had my votes locked in."

Ashley smiled lightly at the girl. Avery was drawing randomly on her notebook cover obviously not really caring–or not hearing– what the principal had to say.

"Aves," Ashley said, nudging her bestfriend on the shoulder. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah, whatever." Avery shrugged.

"What crawled up your ass this morning?" Quinn laughed, kicking Avery's seat from behind.

"Your mom." Avery replied, flicking her off.

"Hun, what's wrong?" Ashley questioned with a concerned face, Avery has never been this bitchy.

"Liam." Avery replied, referring to her ex-boyfriend. "Nothing too important."

"What happened with Liam?" Ashley urged, as Quinn listened on with raised eyebrows.

"We, kinda, might've, maybe," Avery sighed laying her head on her desk. "God, we hooked up, alright!"

"Damn, alright." Ashley laughed sitting back in her seat, "it's not that big of a deal."

"Like you've hooked up with one of your exes." Avery rolled her eyes.

"And who's to say I haven't?" Ashley raised an eyebrow. Quinn started to talk but was cut off by the bell.

"See ya." Quinn smiled, whilst walking out the classroom door.

"Prom is cancelled." Ashley repeated looking up.

"Yeah," Avery laughed pulling her bestfriend up. "Now let's go."

----------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short!