The Doctor

A/N I am so sorry, I said i'd post on Friday, but I've just been so busy! I finally finished the adventure part of it, then all the humany wumanny stuff at the end will be in the next chapter.

------------------------•*•------------------------

Cyril had crawled into the portal. The unfinished portal I had been putting the finishing touches on. It had officially locked to one place, but if we went now we could be hours after, or even before him. We'll just have to be lucky, I guess, because without even thinking about it I took The Vet's hand and we ran to the portal, yelling for him, with Lilly chasing behind us.

"What's happening, I don't-What is that?" she asked, surprised by the seemingly larger interior of the box. Her eyes were bugging out of her head, The Vet was holding up the top flap of wrapping paper. I had climbed through already by the time I finished, The Vet was still holding up the wrapping paper.

"In, quickly, come on!" I called, offering Lilly my hand. She took it and I pulled her into the box, stopping at the edge to allow her to hit the ground gracefully.

"In you come" I said again, lifting her up and then back into the ground. "Bit cold" I added, shivering. The Vet leaped out and onto my shoulders. Well, I guess she was barefoot anyways, and I'd much rather carry a cat then a girl with frostbite on her feet. "Never mind that, Cyril? Cyril!" I whisper-yelled, hoping he was close by. I noticed what looked like they could have been spherical eggshells, and went over to examine them with my flashlight, The Vet peering down at them as well.

"Where are we?" Lilly asked, looking around

"In a forest, in a box, in a sitting room" I replied "try and keep up. He's about 20 minuets ahead of us" I added thankfully, he couldn't have gone too far in that time.

"But we just saw him" Lilly said. Did I really have to explain time and space portals to her now?

"Time moves differently across the dimensional plains, what do they teach you in schools these days?" I asked, mostly joking, I hadn't learned that until my 23rd year at academy, stupid as that is.

"But, I don't understand where we are" Lilly said

"We've gone through a dimensional portal" The Vet said, I only just then realized she wasn't on my shoulders anymore. I guess I am getting used to it. I looked at her feet, she had grey and brown converse on. I guess she must've figured out how to manipulate the cloths she wore when she changed into a human. Her tee shirt was now a turtle neck too.

"Where did it come from?" Lilly asked, looking confused

"Well, it was a present-" The Vet started

"And it wasn't supposed to be opened 'till Christmas Day." I finished for her. "Honestly, who opens their Christmas presents early?" Lilly looked guilty, and I turned to see The Vet mirroring her expression. "Ok. Shut up. Everyone." I said, and The Vet hid her smile behind her hand.

I turned and followed some footprints, there were two sets, one I assumed was Cyril's, the other... nothing good. We walked in silence for a moment, The Vet was a cat again, sniffing both sets of tracks, one of which was getting larger as we went on.

The Vet's POV.

I had figured out how to change my cloths, kinda. What I had on was determined by my surroundings. Clearly not color wise. Well, actually I'd figured that out a long time ago, I had only just remembered then.

I was a cat again at the moment, sniffing the tracks, trying to figure out what could grow that rapidly and do so while moving, and why Cyril would follow it.