Jesse X Petra

Jesse's POV

The night was cold, but my treehouse was a perfect place to stay. Olivia, Axel, and I built this place so long ago that I don't even remember when. Olivia and Axel had built their own houses after we destroyed the Wither Storm, so I kept the treehouse for myself. It was great to have the treehouse, but there were other things on my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Petra. Over all the tough times we had been through, I was really starting to like her. Like, like her. I knew she didn't have the same feelings for me though. I mean, I'm sure I must've saved her life over a dozen times, but I still have doubts. Plus, she's saved my life a couple times, too. Like when I was being attacked by that spider in the woods. I guess I'll just have to keep living my life. After all, moments come to pass.

Petra's POV

I tossed and turned in the bed in my cave. I wasn't worried about the mobs or even the fact that I was kind of hungry. My mind was stuck on Jesse. His emerald eyes, his pearly smile. I've been picturing him in my head for the longest. It all started when he saved me from the Wither Storm's tractor beam. No, the time he protected me from the mobs at Soren's lair. That was when he grabbed my hand. Man, I get butterflies just thinking about it. I shouldn't get my hopes up though; Jesse doesn't like me the same way I do. He would probably do the exact same thing for Olivia or Axel or Gabriel. Probably even Lukas. Oh well; today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow.

Jesse's POV

I woke up after a unrestful night and sighed. I had a nightmare that Petra fell into a cliff. At the bottom were tons of Wither Storms. I couldn't live with myself I let something bad happen to Petra. The fact that she had had Wither Sickness was bad enough for the both of us. I really need to get Petra out of my head! I exited my treehouse to see Lukas leaning on a tree, one foot on the trunk. Lukas put his foot down and looked at me, "Yo, Jesse, what's up?"

"Not much," I replied. "What brings you here?"

"You're not gonna believe this, dude," Lukas smirked. "I overheard Olivia fangirling to Axel about Petra."

My heart stopped, "Uh ... okay?"

Lukas's smirk turned into a smile, "Petra's so into you, man."

I blinked a few times in shock, "Pardon?"

Lukas put his hand on my shoulder, "C'mon, man. We all know that you two were meant for each other. Even Axel knows it!"

My face felt hot, "I ... Uh, really don't know what you guys are talking about. This is some joke, right?"

Lukas just kept smirking until I wanted to punch him, "Just try talking to her."

I reluctantly nodded, "Fine."

I left and headed for Petra's cave, my stomach in my throat.

Petra's POV

I couldn't believe I let myself slip! Olivia and I were hanging out and I said something about Jesse. Before I knew it, Olivia had already caught on, and she started fangirling like crazy. Knowing her, she's probably told everyone!

Even Jesse! Crap!

I couldn't imagine what Jesse thought of me now. This is bad!

Suddenly, there was a rustling from outside. I grabbed my enchanted golden sword and walked cautiously out of the cave. When I saw Jesse awkwardly standing there, I nearly dropped my sword. "Uh, hey," I blinked. "What's up?"

Jesse gave me his goofy smile and shrugged, "I don't know; more of Lukas's crap."

I furrowed my brows, "Huh?"