Jesse X Petra

Okay, I know I said in the last one that I was thinking of an Axel X Olivia one shot, but this one has been nagging me since I published the Lukas X Jess one.  I'm making this in a high school setting.  Tell me what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------

Jesse's POV

Have you ever gotten that feeling when you think you have a crush on someone the instant you see them?  Before ninth grade, I would've said no.  But as soon as I laid eyes on her, I knew that was the girl.  There was only one problem:

I have no idea who she is, where she's from, or even her name...

No biggie, right?

Petra's POV

The first day of ninth grade went smooth.  I was new here, but I don't care.  I'm not really in to the whole "I need to be popular!" kind of thing.  I did see some action, though.  There's this guy in my math class named Aiden.  From what I've overheard in gossips in the short amount time I've been here, Aiden's the school bully.  Hard to believe since he's a freshmen.  Our teacher left the room, and Aiden started picking on this bulky guy named Axel.  "Oh oh, ah ah!"  Aiden was pretending to be an ape, laughing at Axel.

Some of the kids laughed, others stayed quiet.  But there was one guy that stood up for Axel.  I didn't get his name, but he was wearing blue jeans and red suspenders.  "Hey, man," the guy said.  "That's not funny."

Aiden smirked, "You gotta a problem, shrimp?"

The guy raised a brow, "I think you're the one with the problem."

Aiden laughed, "Stay outta this, kid."

The guy twitched his nose towards Aiden, and sat back down.  The guy looked at me and I winked at him, Nice one, dude.

His face turned red, probably because he didn't even know what he was doing or who I was.

Jesse's POV

The bell rang, and we all left the classroom.  As I walked out, a girl ... the girl walked up to me, "Hey, that was pretty cool what you did back there."

I felt a knot in my stomach, and scratched my head, "I'm just trying to do the right thing."

The girl grinned, "I get it.  See you around."

The girl started to walk away, and I blurted out, "I'm Jesse, by the way."

The girl turned her head and smirked, "Petra."

I walked over to my locker and found Axel getting his stuff.  I guess we were locker buddies.  Axel saw me and nodded, "Thanks, man.  I was gonna handle it, but you did I better job than I ever would've."

I opened my locker and shrugged, "No problem, dude."

Axel nodded again and walked off.  My second period was study hall, which meant lay-back time.  I found myself hoping that Petra would be in this next block, since study hall was practically another name for social hour (and a half).  Dare to dream, Jesse.  Just be happy that you got her name.

Petra's POV

My next block was study hall, and - what do you know - Jesse was in it, too.  He smiled at me nervously and sat down next to me.  "What's up?"  I asked.