Rain On My Face

AUTHORS NOTE: hey guys! I hope your enjoying the story!! Lost has been so fun to write! I can't predict how long it'll go on for... I'm not sure if it'll go much longer...But I have ideas. Writing is such a great escape. UNTILL next time, don't get too LOST before it's over.

Iris's POV:

"Cassie!" I struggled out of Ethan's hold. He seemed to understand and ran to his house. I opened the door and there was Cassie at the counter. "Are you sure you have to leave?" I pouted.

"Yeah. It doesn't feel real."

Cassie's POV:

I sighed. I couldn't believe everything would change today. I have to leave my best friend. I was deep in thought when a heard a car horn.

"Cassie let's go! Everything is on its way to West Virginia except us! Lock up please!"

"Well I guess that's my death call awaiting." I tried to humor the situation. Iris and I stepped onto the porch. The beautiful morning was now covered with rain.

"I guess the weather really gets me right now." I added.

"No kidding." Iris piped up.

And we stood there in the rain hugging. "Forever and always."

We hugged each other one more time before finishing up what would be our last conversation for a while. My mom beeped again and waved goodbye to Iris.

I shut the door to the car and looked out through the back window. Iris was standing and waving in the rain. We drove away as Iris got smaller and smaller and turned into what just seemed like a memory. A tear fell down my face as I felt myself leave behind everything.