||Chapter 6||

~|| Chapter 6 ||~

Alec's POV

I hated her. I didn't even know why, but the way she saved me as though I was some weakling annoyed my very core. I felt the other sister's presence before she was even there but that girl had to go and show off by using her element. I hadn't even managed to show Excalibur's ice but she came and used her ability as though it was second nature. She was a show-off then, the way she looked back at me smiling as though I was somehow close to her or her pathetic friend.

I don't need saving. So screw her, and her help.

'Tsk tsk. Alec, you have disappointed me. How dare you allow my brothers handler show you up like some two year old. She had him for no longer than a day or two. You've had me for months and you have shown no level of control pertaining to my element. You're a disgrace.' Excalibur's voice echoed in my head as though he was screaming, yet I knew it was simply me beating myself up. I have trained day and night to prove my worth and in just one day, I have disgraced myself by letting my guard down.

I sat in the middle of the family living room, having long moved her to stay safe, having only been at the airport due to the Gorgon's presence alerting my blade. I knew this would happen, but I had no clue they would bring along that girl. I still can describe the brown in her eyes and the fire element consuming her ebony skin, the more you used your elements the more you resembled it. Her brown curls even taking on the more frizzed wild appearance of flames losing control, and her ebony skin slowly beginning to take on the fire runes found on the blade.

I didn't have a single aspect of my blade, all I had was the iced personality and the white tips on my hair. I had not begun to even master my element, no where close, but I would be damned if I didn't begin practicing. Before I could start, the sound of my backdoor being pushed open and the airy giggles of the air elemental handler came floating in. She was the other handler who had made it here around 2 weeks ago, her happy nature making it appear as if she was weak but her blade surpassed even mine at times of broken concentration.

You could even call her my equal, little Morgan was something different, almost like a younger sibling who you wished you could cuddle all day but lowkey wanted nothing to do with. I could never truly be mad at the little airhead but I had a feeling if she saw the new handler all hell would break loose when she befriended that bitch.

"Aleeeeec. Where is the newbie? I felt her entering the compound! She feels so strong it's amazing!" Morgan was more hyped than even I expected, how could this girl could come in and take everything in so little time. Before I could even think about it, Morgan was running out of the house towards the House of Fire, owned by Clarent. I sadly grumbled and shuffled forward, I knew she would have my head if I didn't come to greet the little stuck up bitch.

Violet's POV

My mind had calmed down rather easily, the thoughts that had once been jumbled from one meaningless encounter perfecting themselves in a certain clarity. My mother and father had thankfully finished unpacking, turning in for a fitful sleep.

I sat in the middle of the living room, my mind refocusing on Clarent and the flames I seemed to be able to control. At this rate these powers flourished under stress but my control was minimal, so I began to center my mind on the power pulling the force from my chest and letting the flames creeping up my very flesh. I looked to watch the flames creep and pulse at my very fingertips, before lashing out into an elaborate dance but scorching nothing on the ground.

My entire concentration broke in a matter of seconds, three rapid knocks coming from the oak wood door. So I didn't waste anytime to open it before the knocks woke up my family, in front of me stood a very beautiful blonde airhead who slightly reminded me of Lexi and the blonde bitch combined. Then, next to her, was the guy who was overly ungrateful for my saving of his ass.

"OH MY GOD. You are so pretty!" The blonde girl took me into a hug giggling like a mad man, she was rather adorable and hard to dislike. "I'm Morgan. I am so happy to meet you and so is Durendal, she has missed Clarent!" My vision blurred momentarily but it soon cleared and there sat Clarent in his feline form alongside an elegant bird covered in white and blue feathers. The two appeared to be giggling and laughing while the same depressed looking snake remained around the even more depressed boy.

"Well, it's totally awesome to meet you Morgan." I paused getting a chuckle out midway because I sounded so calm. "I'm Vi or Violet. It's super cool to meet you! Who is tall, cold, and bitchy behind you?" My eyes glanced at Alec making the same sparking eye contact.

"Oh, that's Alec. He is the handler for..." I knew and literally interrupted at the same time as him. "Excalibur." Our voices mingled well, it was rather odd we both said it, but he shrugged and turned, walking off with the snake staring back in an almost contemptible manner.

"Wow, that was.. Weird? Did you guys meet before?" Morgan was obviously confused and was looking back and forth as though this was something new to her. "Yeah, I saved his ass from one of the Gorgon sisters who snuck up from behind. I scorched her to bits."

A look of realization dawned on her face and soon followed with a slight grimace. "Excal is beating him up for being saved.. That's why he is so cold to you, he probably hates you for making him look bad." Two twin pair of feathered earrings glittered, probably holding the same purpose of my necklace.

"Morgan.. Can you tell me what the others swords are and how they usually act? It'll give Clarent and Durendal some time to catch up." I smiled happy to have at least someone who seemed to know what was going on to talk too.

Alec's POV

She was so nonchalant, she was pretty, she was a bitch.. She ruined everything!

Excalibur was scolding me the entire time and making me feel like shit. I was to tired to deal with this blade. I glanced at the snake bracelet on my wrist before calmly sliding it off and laying it on the dresser, hearing Excalibur chuckle before going into his normal restful state.

What was this girl and why did she even exist? Why did Clarent pick her? Why didn't he pick another guy? This could have been so much easier but he picked some damned girl.

A girl I wanted to hate so much.

||A/N||

Hope you guys enjoy. ;3 I am pretty good at updating huh. :3

Vote/Comment/Follow

Do one and also, I will be hosting a little contest. Whoever comments geta payment free critique and a lovely shoutout and dedication on Chapter 7.~

Have fun and sleep tight. Before this Nightmare gets you. :3

~Project Nightmare