Flashback

"Dad, I really don't care what you think. I love him and I don't see why that's such a problem," Caitlin argued. "The problem is I don't approve so I want you to break up with him," Caitlin's dad replied. "I'm done arguing with you. I'll just move out and live with Barry," Caitlin shouted grabbing a rucksack full of her stuff and walking straight out of the door and walking to Barry's place.

"Hey Cait, what are you doing here?" Barry asked as he opened the door. "My dad wants me to break up with you so I ran away," Caitlin replied sheepishly. "Oh, you can stay here. My parents aren't here so,". "Why don't we get outta here? Drive off for a couple days, show my dad I'm serious then he'll change his mind," Caitlin suggested. "Sounds good, I'll just grab some stuff," Barry agreed ,throwing his car keys at her. She caught them and put her stuff in the back seat and sat in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?" Barry asked getting into the driver's seat. "Anywhere we want, I brought some cash for a motel so we can go wherever we want," Caitlin replied excitedly.

After a couple hours of driving, they stopped at a motel. It was starting to get late. "Tell me you brought beer," Caitlin said hopefully. "Yeah, you better not drink it all, though," Barry replied parking her on top of a wall and sitting next to her. "I don't care what my dad says. Nothing will stop me from being yours," Caitlin said snuggling into Barry. "No one will stop me from loving you and protect you. No matter what happens I'll always love you. I'll always be your Barry," Barry replied kissing her forehead. 

An hour later, after a few beers, the two of them were in their motel room, laying on the bed and asking each other questions. Kinda like twenty-one questions. They had music playing softly in the background. Ironically most of the songs playing were love songs. "Who was your first kiss?" Caitlin asked. "Nina Cooper. My first girlfriend. Not first love. My first love is you," Barry answered. "I'll tell you a little secret. You're my first love too," Caitlin whispered softly, leaning in to kiss him. Every few seconds she would giggle like the slightly drunk teenager she was. She wasn't much of a drinker.

"Baby, I think you've had a little too much beer," Barry laughed. "You should get some rest,". "No, I don't wanna go to sleep," Caitlin moaned like a child. She was playing with her hair to tease him. "Let's build a fort!" Caitlin suggested giggling as she said it. 

After half an hour their fort bad been built. "I name this fort Fort Snowbarry!" Caitlin giggled using the ship name that Cisco and Felicity had created for them. "Okay, it's sleeping time," Barry laughed picking her up and laying her down on the bed. "Not yet, although we can still use the bed," Caitlin replied. "I love you,". "I love you too,". That night they showed each other just how much they love each other.

A day or two later they returned , home after their adventure. "Caitlin! I can't believe you ran off!" Caitlin's dad shouted. "You said I couldn't see my boyfriend so we ran off for the weekend, so what? I'm not staying, I'm going back to his after I get some of my stuff," Caitlin argued grabbing her clothes and stuffing them in her bag. After she'd gathered the rest of her possessions, Caitlin walked out the door and went back to Barry's.

"I'm gonna guess your parents are on another trip," Caitlin stated. The two of them were snuggled up on the sofa, just relaxing and talking. "Yeah, I don't mind. It means we get the place to ourselves. Just you and me," Barry replied, stroking her hair. "Just the way we like it," Caitlin smiled, kissing his cheek. 

"You know I love you, right," Barry stated. "Yeah, I love you too," Caitlin smiled, inching closer to him. "I wanted to give you this if you want it of course. I hope you do," Barry stammered taking a ring box out of his pocket and opening it to reveal a promise ring. "Of course I want it, I love you!" Caitlin gasped flinging her arms around him. "I promise I'll be with you forever, Cait," he vowed, putting the ring on her finger. "I promise the exact same, Barry," Caitlin replied softly kissing him.

 "I promise the exact same, Barry," Caitlin replied softly kissing him