Phonecall

The newlyweds had only just arrived back in Central City after their honeymoon and were just watching shows they had missed on Netflix. They'd just finished the episode they were watching when the phone rang. "I'll get it!" Caitlin smiled, jumping off of the sofa and walking happily towards the phone. Things were going great between them, everything was going great. Right now they couldn't be happier.

"Caitlin Allen speaking" she smirked at Barry as she said it."Why do you need to speak with us?" Her tone turned to worry. "Okay, we'll get down there now," she hung up and put the phone down. "We have to go to CCPD. Apparently, they want to speak to us about the case. They better not take you away fro me again,"

"I'm sure that's not gonna happen, let's just go find out what they want," Barry assured but not sounding very confident in that statement.

________________

Nervously, the couple arrived hand in hand and were greeted by a familiar detective. "Thanks for coming. I get that this isn't exactly convenient but I really need to talk to you. Don't worry, I'm not going to arrest you. I promise neither of you is suspects anymore. I just need to ask some questions," Detective Spivot greeted.

"So, you're probably wanting to know why I called you. The shooter was camped out in a nearby bush behind you so he could frame you effectively..." she was cut off.

"Wait, you're telling us that someone wanted to put him away for murder? Who would possibly want to do that to you?" Caitlin interrupted.

"Did I not tell you that? I didn't tell you that, did I? The killer was a hired gun. So the guy who hired him must have hated you a lot. I know you don't know of anyone off of the top of your heads so I was thinking of throwing information at you. We have the killer in custody but he's refusing to give up the guy who hired him. What we do know is that he was paid quite a lot. Also, I've just uncovered an address. I can't go there yet because the captain says I can't until we find out what's there. He doesn't want me walking into a trap. Which brings me to why I called you, is the address familiar to you at all?" she explained, handing over a piece of paper with the address on it.

Caitlin read it over and over again in her mind and realised that the answer was so obvious, she almost hit herself for not realising it straight away. "That's  my old address, where I grew up as a child. That apartment building, I haven't seen my dad in years. Not since..." she suddenly realised that she hadn't seen him since Barry was arrested. then he disappeared, no one has seen him in a while. It may sound harsh but she never really cared, considering how dismissive he'd been over her now husband.

"Since?"

"When you were arrested. He disappeared completely, haven't heard from him in years," she finished, turning towards her husband sadly.

"How much can you tell me about him, your father?"

"Mostly he was pretty apathetic towards my life. He definitely wasn't the same after my Mom left. I don't remember anything about her and whenever I would ask he would shout at me for bringing her up. He was very stubborn, especially when it came to my love life. I didn't expect him to care but he did. A lot. He was very dismissive and disapproving of our relationship and didn't want us to ever marry. I blame my mother for breaking him but he went kinda crazy without her,"

There was a short pause until: "Wait, he's not a suspect is he?"

"Maybe. In order to find out for sure, I need a photo of him,"

"I only have one," Caitlin replied, unlocking her phone and handing it to her. It was a picture of when she had just been born and her parents were holding her, smiling down the camera.

The detective left the room and returned about five minutes later.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Mrs. Allen, but your father is our guy,"