Chapter 26 - The Mistake

Tyrell's P.O.V

Have you ever made a really big mistake that is gonna be really hard to fix? Well I did. Name's Tyrell Holmes and i'm 18 years old. I was born and raised in New Jersey. My mother died from breast cancer eight months ago and my father left when I was three years old and never returned. I have a little sister name Ayla.

After my mother died I left home. I couldn't deal with the fact that she died and I have a little sister and I don't know how to take care of her. She's 16 so I thought that she would be able to take care of herself. That's the mistake I made. I shouldn't have left her alone. But I was too scared thinking that i'll do something bad or I won't take care of her in the right way.

We could never get along and we hardly talk to each other. We were always fighting or arguing. I completely ignore her at home and at school. Even when she would get picked on I didn't do anything about it. She didn't even have any friends and I was too stuck up in smoking and drinking that I didn't look out for her.

When I left home I took a train to New York. I just wanted to get away from New Jersey. I had an after school job so I had some money. When I got to New York I mopped around for a few days smoking and drinking. Then I realized I can't live like that so I got a job and settle down. I even stop drinking and smoking.

Actually I got three jobs. One, working at a car dealership as a sales representative because I woo the boss with my knowledge of cars. I really love cars and I know everything about them. Two, working as a delivery guy for a fast food restaurant and three, working at a grocery store packing shelves. These three jobs paid me enough money for me to get an apartment and save some money weekly.

It's being eight months now since I left home and I want to see my sister again. I heard on the news that she got adopted by this lady name Ms Hayles. Apparently she's a very rich lady and obviously she is because her adoption came on the news. The news said she can't have kids so she had to adopt. I even saw her in magazines at functions with Ayla and they seem to be happy together. I'm glad she's getting taken care of.

My biggest regret was leaving her all alone and I have to live with that all my life. She probably hates me right now and she has every right to but I have to see her and explain why I left. God knows what happened to her after I left and before she got adopted by that lady.

I am now on a flight going to California because I saw on tv that that's where she lives now. I don't know what to expect upon seeing her. Maybe she'll curse me out, maybe she'll hit me, maybe she'll run me away or maybe all of those things but I don't care I just want to apologize to her and try and rectify my mistake. I just hope she understands.

When the plane landed at the airport I got my luggage then took a cab to the hotel i'm staying in. I checked in, left my luggage in my room then get another taxi to the address where Ayla was living. When I reached the house I realize that the lady she's living with is richer than I thought. Because she doesn't live in a house it's a freaking mansion. This house is so huge anyone could get lost in it. I paid the cab driver then press the gate intercom. Here goes nothing.

¤

Question: What do you think about the reason why he left?

What do you think Ayla's reaction will be?

xoxo