Chapter 10: Roomie

After a long, twelve hour drive, you finally pull into the parking lot of your apartment complex. There you take your things out of your trunk and walk up the narrow staircase leading to room number 89. You take a deep breath, your knuckles prepared to hit the wooden door that stood in front of you. Would she remember who you were? 

Of course she would, you had only been away for a little over a week. You wondered if she would ask you about him, you wondered if she would still be heartbroken that they were apart. You knock, remembering the satisfaction you felt everytime your fist touched that wood. No answer. You knock again, hearing a rustling sound from behind the door. 

"Quiet down," she hisses at someone in the background. You can hear her fidgeting with the door handle, trying to get it open. Finally, it creaks open, revealing the brown eyes of your roomate, Aphmau. 

"Y/N," she squeals, pulling you into a hug before you can even utter something out. You smile into her shoulder, your nostrils filling with the scent of her rose scented perfume. Once she's done hugging you, she steps back, your cue to step inside of the small apartment. The first thing you notice is him, sitting there on your beat-up couch. Aphmau follows you inside and blushes, noticing that you spotted him. 

"I guess you've found my little surprise," she giggles, pointing at the slouched Aaron on the couch. 

You look at her, almost puzzled. "B-But, I thought he was staying in MyStreet?" 

Aaron looks up at you, "I am still living there, but I thought I should at least come and visit my girlfriend, right?" 

You smile, feeling almost jealous of Aphmau. Here she was, living out her life with the one she loved. And here you were, living practically a million miles away from yours, knowing that your brother wouldn't even let it be a real thing. 

Aphmau pulls you by the arm, alerting you back into the present. She makes you sit down at your tiny kitchen table, slapping down the box of your favorite card game. Together, you, her, and Aaron play it through the night. 

If only this could be me and Garroth....

Author's Note: Guess who's back, back again. Not but in all seriousness, I am back for good. I'm going to try and stick to my chapter every two days schedule as best I can from now on. But, before I go, I'd like to thank you all for over 1k reads. It's amazing how popular this book is slowly becoming, and I can't wait to see where it will go in the future. Love you all! - Kayla/Author