Chapter 28: Overnight Datenight (Part 3)

Garroth's POV: The rest of the night rolls out, strangely to say the least. Dinner dragged out it felt, each of us to bashful and scared, and hesitant to speak. I knew we couldn't end on a note like that, and my last idea, well it had to be good. I had to turn this mood around, and make it night that wouldn't be easily forgettable. 

Once our bill is payed for, I take Y/N out by the hand. Despite the fact dinner hadn't gone as well as I hoped, we did at least have some conversations, despite how awkward they may have felt for the both of us. 

We both hop in my car, buckle in, and pull out. I, of course hadn't told Y/N where we would be going, as I wanted this especially to be a surprise. But, as I pull out onto the road, I silently pray that I'll remember how to get there. 

You see, the first time we had been to this 'mystery location' was by a pure, and total accident. I didn't know the official directions of it, and despite how hard I searched, I couldn't find any. I could only hope that I would somewhat remember the way, or become fortunately unlucky again. 

>>>>

Your POV: Once again, I blindly hope into Garroth's car, only imagining what he had up his sleeve next. I of course wasn't literally blind, but almost felt like it as I had no clue of what I was getting myself into. 

I hoped I didn't have to fear though, as so far, Garroth's surprises has been amazing, despite my awkwardness getting in the way. 

I watch as houses, and buildings, and fields flash by, all bathed in the beautiful orange glow of the sunset. Just sitting here, staring at the nature flying by, was enough for me. I liked seeing the world go by like that, in that almost peaceful manner. 

But, alas, it couldn't last forever. And soon, after a peaceful drive, I was asked to cover my eyes. I do so, wondering what made it so that I couldn't even look at before our mystery destination.

I feel the car slowly crawl forward, almost inching it's way to wherever it was we were supposed to be going. Then, suddenly, it jolts forward, the whole car falling still. I feel a warm, strong pair of hands fall over mine, removing my palms from blocking my sight. As my sight comes into place, I feel the breath draw from my mouth. 

"Garroth," I breathe, "wow." 

He smiles, "This bring back memories?" 

Did it bring back memories? Of course it did, this was the field we had been stranded it all that time ago. But, more importantly, this is the field where we shared our first kiss in. 

"Yeah, of course," I respond.

He laughs, "I feel it too. I only wish I could had said something then."

I look at him, questioning. "What?" 

He shrugs, "I dunno. Maybe, that, I love you. Like, more than anything." 

I laugh, "I love you too, I always did." 

He smiles, and pulls my face closer to his. I can feel my face flush red as our lips meet one another's, interlocking in a sweet kiss. 

It's short and simple, but to me, it feels like a lifetime. The sparks pulse in my veins, and explode in my brain, leaving nothing but a twitching sensation when it ends. I only can think of one thing, the words I said before, and how true they really were. I really was in love with Garroth Ro'Meave. 

Author's Note: Eee, long chapter. I feel like I'm putting a lot of romance in my books lately, but, eh, indulge I guess. Ha, but thanks for always putting up with me & my terribly cheesy romantic encounters. You guys are awesome, and I'll see you next Friday. -Kayla/Author