15 - Apologies

JB furrows his brows, not hiding his irritation. He massages the back of his neck and looks at me. "You're not supposed to be here. How do you even know she's here?"

"Doesn't matter." I stare straight at his eyes. "Just let her go. Please. She's got nothing to do with any of this."

"You really hid her, didn't you?" He raises an eyebrow. 

"Yes." I admit. "I did. That's because I knew you were gonna make her the fallguy for her boyfriend's death. She's my best friend for fuck's sake."

He smirks, then chuckles. "You really are something, Mia. Didn't Mark teach you enough not to talk to your higher up like that?"

I immediately look down, taking a deep breath. "I'm begging you, JB. Not her. What do you want from her anyway?"

"She's still in the group. We need inside info on what WOLF is planning against us."

"WHAT?" I exclaim, looking at him again with disbelief. "No. You can't make her a spy. It's too dangerous. She's not cut out for this, JB."

Byul is too weak-hearted to do the things I do. She won't last a day without being caught. I'm just wondering what she's already spilled. 

"Can I see her, please." I plead. 

He sighs, turning around and walking to the side of the house. I follow him down a staircase leading to the basement. There are three different doors there and he opens the one in the middle. I can already hear Byul crying from inside and shouts from Junior. 

I quickly run inside and see her tied up on a chair in the middle of the room. Her face is bloody so are her legs. 

"Mia!" Mark's surprised voice yells. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Byul!" I run to her side, taking her face on my hands, trying to wipe off the blood and tears from her cheeks. "Fuck!" 

She looks at me with her red eyes, her head hanging limply to the side. "M...Mia." She tries to speak, but I shush her. 

"I'm sorry." I tell her, working on the ropes on her wrists. "I'm sorry, Byul. I'll get you out of here. I promise."

"Mia." Mark tries to pull me up, but I yank my hand away from his and continue with the tie. "What are you doing out of bed?" He asks. 

I ignore him still. 

"God damn it." He pulls me again. "How did you even get here?"

I'm done with the last string and I catch Byul before she falls on the floor, hugging her tight in my arms. "I'm so sorry." I cry, helping her to her feet. 

"Where are you taking her?" Junior asks. He's standing behind me, cracking his neck, really pissed. "Leave her."

"C'mon." I urge Byul as she's having a hard time standing. "I'll take you to the hospital."

"No, you're not." Junior grabs my arm. 

I fling his hand away, almost dragging the girl towards the door. 

"MIA!" Mark yells from behind. "STOP RIGHT THERE!"

I freeze on my tracks as I hear a cocking of a gun and I feel the barrel pressed at the back of my head. 

"MIA! Don't." 

"You can kill me later." I cry. "Just let me take her to the doctor. Please."

"FUCK!" Mark puts down his gun. I see JB smirking in front of me, shaking his head. Mark suddenly carries Byul in his arms and walks out the door.