The Golden Year

The Golden Year

The author is BellaHardiman

None of us can choose our destiny but nobody can escape it either...

In this world of magic and chaos, Leila was left an orphan having no one left after a tragic fire. Over the years she learns how to use all sorts of weapons; the once sweet little girl had grown up to be a dangerous woman that didn't trust anyone. But things change drastically when Leila turns sixteen-years old and she is forced to serve the golden year.

The golden year gives the opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. But Leila sees it as a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love, Theo. However, Leila begins to doubt her original assumptions when she gets to know Prince Leonardo.

She is pulled into the heart of a war between kingdoms at odds. She soon discovers her magical gifts and her destiny as the 'chosen one'. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own parents and about herself. In this sweeping fantasy about Leila's journey to fulfill her destiny and all the monsters that stand in her way. Only one monster does not have fangs or claws but he does have a powerful hold on her heart.

Danger and betrayal, forbidden love and lust, dark secrets and enchantments threaten Leila's life and it could lead to her ultimate destruction.

Not your average fairytale...

"I am powerful. I am dangerous. I am lethal."

* Not Completed

* Ongoing

REVIEWER: @KatyDreams