Chapter 10

I KNOW I SUCK! It's been FOREVER and I'm SOOO sorry but I'm back and with a kick ass new cover thanks to @Siannalie so THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT! Also to vickyv who is a continual source of inspiration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner wasn’t a big deal just as Caleb said it wouldn’t be, I know I should’ve believed him but trust me when I say when you meet with your other half’s parents it’s a little nerve wrecking.

We were in the living room finished with dinner and the washing up and just chatting when I yawned for the hundredth time that evening.

“I’m so sorry” I said yet again covering my mouth with my hand. Tamsin laughed and Caleb pulled me tighter into his side, it’s almost like I could feel his worry so I told him about it before he could say anything. “I’m fine Caleb don’t worry, I’m just sleepy”.

“Why don’t you stay here tonight hmm? Mom doesn’t mind, do you Mom”?

“Of course not, Carly you’re welcome to stay here as often as you like” she assured me with her usual smile.

“I’ll be fine” I mumbled.

“Please” he whispered purposefully brushing my ear with his lips.

“That, was not fair”.

“Please princess”.

“Princess”?

“Mmhmm my princess, please stay with me”?

I sighed knowing he’d won about five minutes before this conversation even started if that makes sense.

“Ok, alright you win” he chuckled and pecked my forehead.

“Good”.

“You two are so adorable” Tamsin gushed with tears in her eyes. My heart leapt into my throat at the sight and I jumped from the sofa immediately to go and sit next to her instead. I wrapped my arms around her instinctively and she started to laugh tapping at my hold on her affectionately.

“Why are you crying”? I asked her upset because I know it’s kind of soon but Tamsin already feels like a mother to me now too and I don’t ever want her to be unhappy.

“It’s happy tears sweetie I promise”.

“... Maybe we should spend more time together”, I mused not thinking anything of the fact I’d been saying it out loud until Tamsin started bawling. I sat back alarmed and then held her tighter. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

“She’s just so perfect, isn’t she”? Tamsin sobbed pointing at me in like a duh kind of way at Caleb.

“She is” was all he said with an easy smile.

“Well I think it’s been a long day, why don’t we turn in for the night hmm”?

“I think that’s a good idea”. I got up from the sofa patting my dress down just in case and felt arms wind around me from behind. I stood still enjoying being held firmly. Caleb’s lips presses against my bare shoulder and brushed along the skin to my ear.

“Ready for bed princess”? I just nodded not confident of my own voice for once and let him walk out of the room after his mother blowing out candles as we went.

When we got to his room I smiled at how untidy he’d left it, again. I looked around the room which was dark as the only light was coming in through the thatched window casting diamond shapes on the floor. His room was small and simple – pale blue painted walls and a dark wood flooring. His bed took up a lot of the space but there was still enough room for a bookcase and desk with a chair.