Chapter 10

When we get home, it's 5:30, we stopped for a bite at a park in east mooroolbark, mum and dad had packed a picnic so we had ham and cheese rolls then settled down for a little fun on the playground. I was too tall for the monkey bars so I helped my brother. I never grasped how to use the monkey bars, I had always had trouble but now that I knew and was way too tall to try, I helped my brother because I knew he'd find it fun. We played in the sandpit and went down the slide. I jumped from the top of the rock climbing wall and caught ' the bro ' when he fell. We laughed and cried and enjoyed the time we shared together before we left to go home.

Now it's 5:30 as I've mentioned an I just lay on my bed. I had already got changed into school shorts and a short sleeved Tshirt, it's hot outside and cool in here. I started to think about what I would wear to the party, I glanced at the clock, it was only 5:32, maybe I could close my eyes for a bit.

I open my eyes to Jesse shaking me awake, " hey baby it's 6:10, party is in an hour and a half. I rub my eyes and start to fall asleep again. He kisses me on the lips " well I'm awake now " I say hugging him and getting a hand up. He pulls me to his attention, I look at him wide eyed " whats wrong " I say to him. " nothing, I'm just happy to have you that's all " he says to me smiling and putting his hand around my waist and giving me a shy kiss on the cheek. I pull him closer and hug him tighter. I pull away from him " okay so it's boiling hot, I'll wear a dress " I look at him to discover what he's wearing. He's wearing a surfing singlet, board shorts ( even though there's no pool there ) and a pair of blue vans which cal gave him for christmas.

" you look.... nice " I say to him looking away. " I know I know, I'm getting new clothes at christmas which is almost here and it's boiling, it's only right to dress this way " he says to me jumpily. I go to my cupboard and open it " well I'm wearing a dress, it's only logical " I say laughing. I look at the five dresses I own then I look back at Jesse. I look at the shelves on the other part of my closet, I pick up a pair of ripped green and white shorts then I find a white singlet. " yeah nah it's too hot for a dress, get outside that door now " I say to him pushing him, he looks upset so I kiss him and close the door. I put on the singlet and shorts then find a pair of ankle length green converses and slide them on. I put on the necklace Jesse gave me then made sure I had the anklet on that mum and dad gave me. My hair was already straightened so I put it in a high ponytail. I don't wear make up so I didn't worry bout that. I take a look in the mirror, I think to myself and I know that I'm ready. " come in " I shout to Jesse.