[S I X]

NEVER, EVER IN her entire life did Maia imagine this was how she's going to spend her Friday night.

Picture this: It's the middle of the night, you're stuck in a claustrophobic closet - and not only that - you're stuck with the person you have hated ever since he stepped into your life; and to top that all off - he's the person who locked you in there with him.

Right at this moment - Maia wasn't talking to him out of anger while he was trying to make her talk. Sirius was little a little dog - he'd try everything to get her to speak. He'd growl, nudge and look cute but she was trying so hard not to burst and yell at him. The adrenaline and anger was keeping her up later and later and Maia needed to wait out this night. Maia didn't know how she was going to function tomorrow with Thomas' date. Little sleep made her snappy so she didn't know how she was going to act girly and pleasant around him. In fact - Maia didn't even know if she was going to get out of this closet by the time she was to meet up with Thomas.

"Sterling-- Sterling, Sterling..." Sirius kept repeating annoyingly.

"Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, Sterling..." He kept repeating. That was getting on Maia's nerves. He kept that up for a couple minutes before stopping unceremoniously.

"Sterling. Look, I'm sorry.. I really am." He inched a little closer to Maia. Keeping her eyes straight on, she sighed.

"Forgive me, Sterling?" Sirius got so close that Maia got slightly uncomfortable. She could smell his breath - it smelt like spearmint and vanilla (which she found a quite nice smell but would never admit it) - Maia kept her eyes on the wall and not an inch of movement.

"Please?" He got so uncomfortably close that lips brushed his cheek. That's when Maia lost it and pushed him away.

"Ha! I won!" Sirius smiled in glee and pointed at her. Maia rolled her eyes.

"What was that?" She rubbed her cheek and glared at him, thanking the darkness for covering her ruby coloured cheeks.

"That - was a plot to get you to move; and it worked! It only took me to nearly kiss your cheek to get it!" Maia scowled.

"You can't just take advantage of a girls sense's like that!" Sirius rolled his eyes.

"What, it wasn't like you liked it!" He retorted. Maia couldn't even sum up an audible sentence after that. That led Sirius' eyes to raise and smirk to crawl up his face.

"You liked it? Didn't you?" He got closer to her until her back was against the shelves of the shelf.

"I didn't! I-It's just that I've never been this close to a boy that wasn't related to me." Maia admitted. Sirius' eyes widened.

"Really?" He chuckled. "No boy has ever bothered to come up to you and ask you out?" Maia smiled slightly.

"Thomas Venta did tod-I mean yesterday." Maia got redder. Sirius grimaced.

"Come on, you're a pretty girl. You are way out of Thomas Venta's league." Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Did you just call me pretty?" Maia raised her eyebrow - her fingers twitching. Sirius kept his cool and smiled.

"Yes I did, didn't you know that?" He looked at her, shocked. Maia shook her head and glared at him.

"Don't lie to me." She hissed. Sirius stepped back a little and then leaned forward.

"Even from first year you were the prettiest girl I'd ever layed my eyes on and I'm shocked you didn't know that." Suddenly Maia's knee's went weak as the statement left his lips. She felt a rush of appreciation and what felt like affection towards her enemy. Bowing her head down - she blushed redder than a tomato and smiled.

"Thank you Sirius." He smiled back at her.

"No problem, Maia." Maia suddenly felt the tired and coldness and she shivered. Sirius - being the unlikely gentlemen that he was - asked her if she wanted his robes. She replied with a yawn and shake of her head. Sitting down and going cross-legged, she patted the spot next to her.

"We are going to be with each other for hours to come,  so we might as well be warmer." Sirius sat next to her and asked if it was alright that they go to sleep. Maia nodded and replied that she will look out for anyone passing. Sirius nodded. After a few minutes of silence, Maia felt a pressure on her head and curls in her face. Looking up a bit, she found out that Sirius had fallen asleep and assumed a position on the top of her head.

Sirius Black was a funny character. He could be by far the most gentlemanly of his little group (even more than Remus) but he only chooses to be to only a select few. He could also be rude and mean - but Maia knew deep down that that wasn't Sirius' character. She knew a lot of things about the attractive wavy, black-haired stormy eyed man that resided next to her.

She knew deep down that he was just a confused kid.

She knew that he was the most loyal person you'd ever know.

She knew that he smelt like Vanilla and Sandalwood.

She knew that he hated his family for abandoning him.

However, the most important thing she knew about him was that she didn't hate him. Not at all.

Smiling, she closed her eyes and leaned on his shoulder. A little nap wouldn't hurt, right?

_____

**EDITED**