Act 3: Your Beginning

You lifted your head from the cold, hard desk of your hotel room, feeling your head ache terribly. The windows hadn't been shut, and a harsh sunlight was pouring through the windows. The rays hit your face, and you had to squint your eyes to look at your watch. Once doing so, your eyes lightly widened in realization.

It was already nine in the morning, and you had fallen asleep over the desk. What most took you aback were the papers that were scattered all over the area. One, in particular, caught your eye. It was a rough sketch of the woman you had met yesterday.

The sketch composed itself of the woman holding a cup in her hands. She was taking a sip of her drink, yet her gaze wasn't focused on the cup. Her eyes were focused somewhere else, and she had a faint, blue blush spread across her cheeks. Unlike her attire from last night, she wore a rather over-sized shirt, and she seemed calm.

Your drawing observation was put to a halt, as you felt your stomach protest and growl. You soon remembered that, besides the coffee you had at four in the morning, you hadn't gotten anything to eat. Ever since you arrived at Beach City, you hadn't eaten any food. You had been too distracted by both the beauty of the city and the woman.

Deciding it wouldn't be healthy to stay like this for much longer, you decided to go out to eat. You were ready to go adventuring once again-- while getting something to eat, of course. After getting through your morning routine, and fixing up your hair in a more proper fashion, you opened the door of your hotel room. Without hesitation, you exited the place, with a determined smile playing on your features.

You weren't going to be distracted any longer; you were going to do what you truly came here for. Your curious, adventurous self was ready to explore the city, and to meet new people-- without getting too attached, that is.

Your gaze shifted from place to place, as you took in all the buildings and nature that surrounded you. Arriving at one particular place, you could see many people and a humble amount of businesses. It had become much more lively now, and to your luck, there were a few places where you could grab something to eat.

The first place that caught your eye was named 'The Big Donut'-- mainly because of the giant doughnut statue standing on top of the roof and due to your eternal love over sweets. Without giving it much thought, you entered the shop, quite eager to obtain something to eat.

Once inside, you came across a short, plump woman with long, white hair, who was carrying a few bags of sweets on her small hands. Her eyes immediately grew in size as soon as she met your hair's blue streaks. She seemed to be biting back her words, and thus, only waved at you as she left the building. You awkwardly waved back, as you watched her get farther away from your sight. 

Ignoring the odd encounter you just experienced, plus the sense of déjà vú, you ventured forward towards the counter, were a slender, young man stood in wait. From his appearance, you assumed he was a teenager-- which made you feel old, now remembering you were soon to turn twenty-three. It felt quite strange reminiscing that, just a few years ago, you were a college student eager to become someone big, and to thrive greatly in life. Those were, however, only mere, faded dreams that had become distant thoughts as the years went on.

Once reality came crashing down on you, your aspirations of becoming a humanitarian, with a stable life and income, were completed crushed just three years ago. You were practically left to complete your basic needs with only the money that your around-the-world photography and other dead-end jobs provided for you. 

"Are you just going to stand there, or. . .?" the young man's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. 

"Oh! Sorry about that. . ." you mumbled, whilst letting out an awkward laugh. "I'd like a pair of those doughnuts." you said, pointing towards the guava-filled, powdered ones.