SA-1: Like The Stars

Special Act #1: Like The Stars

The young man watched from afar, as you stood still while holding onto the bars of the balcony. You were absentmindedly gazing at the many stars present in the sky. He had noticed you were one of the few who were left awake, hence why he decided to offer you a cup of coffee.

"Would you like some coffee, ma'am?" he questioned to you, this snapping you out of your trance. "You seem a bit tired."

You turned your head around towards the voice, and instantly recognized his face. The young, tanned man was now dressed in a more casual attire, as compared to the suit he wore when he checked you in. He seemed rather interested in you ever since you had returned from your walk by the beach.

"Oh. . . Well, that would be nice!" you replied, whilst lightly nodding your head.

The young man nodded back, as he took the kettle that was resting on one of the balcony's tables. He took a cup with his other hand and poured the hot liquid to the brim. Then, he handed it over to you, along with a mixer and a pair of sugar packets.

"Here you are." the young man said, as he handed you the cup, with a smile forming on his lips. "Is there anything else you would like?" he questioned, in a rather friendly and attentive tone.

He seemed to be offering something more rather than his regular hotel management services, and that made you think over his words. You admittedly felt better with someone by your side, and you were looking to express your thoughts with someone. That, however, would require someone you'd gotten to know for many years-- which was impossible, considering you were always traveling to different places, and leaving many people and things behind. You finally decided to take the risk, and ask him at least one question before the clock struck four in the morning.

"Have you ever fallen for someone. . . just by looking at their eyes?" you questioned to the lad, as his eyes widened in realization.

"Yes. . ." he murmured, as he placed a hand over his forehead, and averted his gaze.

Your question made him remember the man that had delivered his mail on the weekend. He remembered all about his passion for acting and his determined voice-- all with such a simple question as that. That mailman had captured his heart just with the sparkle in his eyes and the willingness in his voice.

"Yes, I have." he stated, this time more audibly.

His cheeks were lightly tinted red, and a small smile was tugging on his lips. The simple memory had made his head go over the clouds, and he gladly appreciated such a flashback as that, hence why he decided to further the conversation.

"Did something happened on the beach, perhaps?" he asked, as he faced your gaze with a rather mischievous glint on both his eyes and smile.

"Uh. . . Kind of." you replied, whilst attempting to shrug this off.

The attentiveness in his voice made you want to take your words back, and to never have asked such a sudden question as that. You knew that, as much as you wanted to talk about it, you wouldn't be able to say it properly. Despite that, his gaze made you realize that he was more than willing on hearing you out, and that your question had indeed interested him. You had piqued his curiosity from the very beginning, yet he hadn't expected it to turn out this way.

After such a quiet response, the two of you exchanged some honest smiles and returned back to your own matters. He walked towards the tables, while you held your coffee on one hand. You then took a glance at your watch, realizing it was now four in the morning.

The sky, however, was still dark, and you were wondering when would the sun begin to make its appearance. As you took one final glance at the sky, you could feel as if someone was watching you. You looked around, finding nothing and nobody, except for the young man-- who was now cleaning the tables and whistling a tune to himself. His stance was what seemed to be out of place, for he looked nervous, and he was shifting lightly on his feet-- it was as if he was a child that had almost been caught stealing a cookie from a jar. Seeing such a thing made you chuckle, and you wondered just what he had resting in his mind.

End of Special Act #1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

So, here it is! The first three parts of 'Something Entirely New'!

I'm honestly quite excited on continuing this. There are many things I have in mind, which I plan to convey in only twelve more parts. Hopefully, I'll be able to convey it properly, and you will all be able to enjoy the read.

Suggestions, critiques, questions, thoughts, or comments as to what you expect will happen next are quite welcomed and appreciated!

That would be all for now, and I'll be seeing you all on December 1st! (Though, I'm honestly thinking about starting now-- I probably might, considering I'm way too excited about this...)