I'm Declared Public Enemy Number 2

Rose's POV

I was still in shock. Sure, I was going through the motions, but I wasn't really in it. I had given a lot of thought to who my godly parent was, but I had never before considered God of Zombies. I was now thinking about it.

    I couldn't believe it. I knew that it was cliche, but I kept thinking that this all was just one very bad dream and that I'd wake up to a perfectly normal reality where Cath wasn't an evil sociopath. But the truth was that my best friend was being an evil dictator and trying to destroy everything that I loved. And I was still supporting her.

    My heart was beating so fast as I ran out of Cath's impromptu shack. Her little puppy trotted up to me and nuzzled against my legs. After making sure that Cath wasn't running out to follow me, I bent down and pet the dog. "Hi," I said. What had Cath called her? Gia? I shivered as I heard the name run through my head. Gia. Gaea. It was just too similar. The puppy started to trot back off again, going towards the woods. I hesitated. I didn't know where I was and since the dog had led me here, it would only make sense if she led me back, right?

    I followed her through what must have been miles of undergrowth. The trees loomed ominously above me. This sure was the perfect place for a child of Gaea to hide out. I stuck close to Gia, hoping that she had some fighting ability somewhere in her, just in case we were attacked by one of the strange things living in this forest. Suddenly, I couldn't see the little coat of gold fur anymore. "Gia?" I called. I looked around. Nothing. It was like Gia had just disappeared. I took a few tentative steps, unsure if I should move from my spot.

    I saw an eerie light coming from behind some trees up ahead. I was inexplicably drawn to it. I rushed towards it, consumed by the desire to soak in the light. I paused. The light was shining on a leaf nearby. It was so beautiful. So magical. So perfect. I reached towards it, extending my fingertips to touch the glorious light...

    "OW!" I yanked my hand back, staring at the blistered skin. The light had badly burned me and my hand was throbbing. I backed up and tripped over something small and warm, falling over backwards. The small, warm, and very yellow object licked my face. "Gia, what happened?" I asked. I waited for a response for a few seconds before I realized that I was talking to a dog. I hurried to my feet and followed as Gia bounded off. I would probably burn all off my skin off if I lost her again.

    We reached the edge of the forest. I could see the camp, or something that resembled Camp Half-Blood, through the trees. I reached out to pet Gia right before I noticed something peculiar. My hand that had been throbbing and burnt just a few minutes ago was completely fine now. I studied it, perplexed. I tentatively poked my hand. No pain. How had my hand healed itself? Gia rubbed up against my leg before running back into the woods, bringing me back to reality. I keep deal with my abnormal healing later. I took a deep breath and walked into camp.

    "HALT!" A voice called from above me. "State your name and your business or be impaled."

    Since I didn't feel much like betting impaled today, I responded. "Umm, I'm Rose and I'm coming back to camp?" A girl, wielding a sword, slowly crept up to me. She peered into my face.

    "What did she want with you? Answer now." She pointed the sword in my face.

    "Woah, woah, woah," I stumbled backwards. Sometimes, swords being pointed in my face makes me a little wary to answer questions.

    "That tears it," the girl said. She grabbed my ponytail and yanked. I lost my footing and fell, only held up by her grip on my hair. She started dragging me behind her as she walked. She was surprisingly strong for her size, but I didn't register that much at the time due to the fact that my hair was being ripped out of my scalp.