Chapter 3

It was a week after Derrick had given Darcie the note. They hadn't talked much since then. 

  Darcie had just opened her binder and realized she'd spent the whole week drawing Derricks name on all the spear paper she had. She flipped through her binder 'Derrick' it said in different fonts and colors. She unclicked the rings and proceeded to dump her whole binder in the trash. She shook it all out then Derricks drawing fluttered out onto the top of the pile. She looked down at it. She sighed and picked it up. Underneath it was a picture she drew saying Darcie plus Derrick forever with their names in hearts. She sighed again and gathered the rest of the papers out of the recycling bin. She knew she couldn't put them back in her binder. She took out her math binder and put the papers in it in her binder. She then put the drawing one by one in the brads of the folder being careful not to rip them.

  What am I going to do with him. She thought. She looked down at the drawing again. This time noticing the extreme detail on them. The hearts were near perfect, the arrows delicate but bold. Her drawing of cupid was lightly drawn and colored enhancing the bow and heart arrow with their names on it. The wings colored a silvery white to match it's hair.

  ''I'm good at drawing,'' Darcie said to herself ''especially when it about me and Derrick," Darcie flipped through the rest of them noticing the drawing,coloring, texture, and detail grew to great extent.

  "What that?" Sky said startling Darcie. Darcie shut the folder as fast as she could and held it behind her. "Ooo, I saw Derrick name. Let me see," Sky said reaching behind Darcie. "No!" Darcie shrieked. Sky tried repeatedly to get the folder but couldn't get it away from her. "Okay, fine whatever. I didn't wanna see it anyway," Sky scuffed. "Thank you, now go away," Darcie snapped. She began to put the folder up and then Sky snatched it out of her hand. She tore it open and flipped through the pictures quickly. "Damn, Darcie ya obessed with him!" Sky said out loud. Thomas heard and walked over. He looked over Sky's shoulder. He laughed "Who drew these?" he asked. "Darcie duh! Who else would draw his name on everything?" Sky answered. "Damn these are good," Thomas said still hovering over Sky. Sky looked into his light brown eyes. Thomas started back into her gray ones. "Uh..."she laughed "You're a little too close there"

  "Oh, uh...sorry" Thomas said stepping further to her side. Darcie grabbed her folder out of Skys hand. "Please don't tell him about this. I really dont want him to know," Darcie pleaded. "Okay whatever we won't," Sky said still staring at Thomas. Darcie sensed what was going on so, she quickly packed up her things and moved to a diffrent table.

   "So um... Sky I've been meaning to ask you something," Thomas started. Sky was hesitant to answer. She smiled at him, once again falling into his light brown eyes. "What uh...it is? Sky finally got up the courage to say. "Well, I've known you for quite a while and I really want to get to know you. I only know the outside Sky and I already like that one. I know there's more to you than that. I just want you to have my heart and never drop it. I really do like you Sky, maybe even love," Thomas said softly. "But, I don't understand. You've never shown any signs of liking me until now. Why didn't your tell me sooner?" It all sounded suspicious to her that he was all of a sudden confessing his feelings for her.

  "I didn't know how I could tell you in the right words or how you would take them Sky," he spoke to her sweetly. He reached out and grabbed her hand which laid lifeless on her lap. He looked up into her gray irises. "I know this might be so sudden but you really have to understand. I've felt this way you're quite a while now. I couldn't hold back my feeling any longer. I could tell the guys but they wouldn't understand." he raised his hand to tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm constantly thinking about you Sky.You're the first thing I think about when I wake up. You're the last thing in my mind before I go to sleep. All these feelings are building up inside me and I don't know how to control them. Its driving me crazy! Constantly thinking of you, dreaming of you, longing for you. I want you Sky Sparks, more than ever." He paused looking up into her eyes searching for her response to his words.