Chapter Thirty-One

The Final Battle

~All~

     Akina, Kuro, and Tomoe were battling Akura-ou. Toraburu was being battled by Mizuki and Nanami. Kurama and Sutekina were going against Zankokuna.

Tomoe threw fox fires at Akura-ou while Akina and Kuro charged at him with your daggers. Akura-ou dodged effortlessly, only having trouble with Tomoe.

Mizuki was doing all the work against Toraburu, Nanami kept missing when she threw her talismans and they wouldn't harm Toraburu.

Sutekina and Kurama were winning against Zankokuna. Sutekina kept charging at Zankokuna with her sword while Kurama attacked from the air.

The others demons had all been defeated and killed, they were all weak.

Zankokuna was bleeding heavily because of Sutekina's last attack. Kurama attacked from the air again and clawed her shoulder. Zankokuna's shoulder and stomach were bleeding heavily. Kurama and Sutekina intended to kill her, that Zankokuna knew.

Before leaving the plane of existence, Zankokuna attacked one last time. She exploded herself into bits in hope that she would kill Kurama or Sutekina, she succeeded.

Sutekina now lay on the ground with a pool of thick, sticky, wet blood around her. "We will give you a proper burial." Kurama promised as he closed the now lifeless eyes of the eclipse goddess. "I promise." He said sadly. Once he sent her prayers he joined the attack on Toraburu, we will win this, was what Kurama thought, for Sutekina.

Toraburu was injured on her leg, she barely could run normally as she lashed out at the others. Nanami couldn't do anything, she was too weak to do any damage. Mizuki and Kurama teamed up on Toraburu, eventually hitting a critical spot.

She fell to the ground in agony. She screamed at them and cursed at them. They did one final blow. She lay dead on the ground. Lifeless eyes looking up into the sky. They all then joined the battle against Akura-ou.

     Yuri, Kuro, Akina, Tomoe, Kurama, Mizuki, and Nanami were battling Akura-ou. Akura-ou was only having trouble with Akina and Tomoe.

     Tomoe sent fox fires after fox fires to Akura-ou, he was able to dodge only a couple. Akina lashed out at Akura-ou with her claws and your sword, your cape flew like a flag whenever she moved.

Everyone attacked Akura-ou but only two succeeded, Akina and Tomoe. Akura-ou had kicked everyone aside, all of them were panting and trying to catch their breath. They were all very tired, and Akura-ou knew that.

"It seems you two are the only ones worthy of challenging me." Akura-ou said sarcastically, his fanged grin sending a deep chill down both spines of the defenders.

"Tsuyoi Rafu Ha!" Akina yelled, stealing one of your attacks. Akura-ou took the hit and it didn't affect him much. "How pathetic you are Akina!" He yelled throwing a fatal attack towards Akina.

Akina's eyes widened when she saw Kuro jump in front of her. "Kuro!" Akina yelled when the attack hit Kuro's stomach, Kuro fell to the ground and howled in agony.

"I'm...so...happy..." Kuro said tearfully. Akina cradled her in her lap. "Don't die." She kept chanting. "(Y/n) is stronger...let...her fight...Akura-ou..." Kuro smiled softly. "B...but..." Akina said with tears threatening her eyes.

"Revenge is not important, what is important is winning..." Kuro said before the light in her eyes faded. Akina looked into those lifeless eyes and broke down. Kuro had been her retainer for centuries, she was now dead.

"I will do as you wish." Akina thought, she let herself go back into your mind as you were brought back to reality. "Kuro!" You yelled carelessly. You sobbed and stroked her hair as you saw those lifeless eyes of hers. Tomoe and Akura-ou were battling so you were ok.

"I will avenge you, Kuro!" You thought angrily. Everyone else was still on the ground, except now they were knocked out cold.

You howled in disgust at Akura-ou before charging at him with your sword. "Azayaka Hikari!" You shouted, sending the bright light towards Akura-ou. Tomoe dodged and you both attacked after. "Tsuyoi Rafu Ha!" You yelled as you charged at him while Tomoe sent a fox fire.

"Dust. Dust everywhere. Where is everyone?" You thought walking through it. You saw a figure laying on the ground. "Please don't be Tomoe!" You yelled in your mind as you ran towards the figure. Akura-ou was laying there, bloody and eyes lifeless. Just. Like. You. Wanted. You smiled. "We won." You thought before collapsing and losing consciousness.