The Beast

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom, a young prince lived in a shining castle. He was given everything he could ever desire (besides the love of his grandfather), the prince became spoiled, selfish, wrathful, arrogant, and unkind. One blazing summer's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered a single red carnation in return for a single loaf of bread and shelter from bitter heat. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince scoffed at the gift and turned the old woman away. Instead she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for true beauty lies within.

Angered and annoyed, the prince (whose name was Lovino) dismissed her again. The old woman, through with her disguise changed into a beautiful enchantress with flowing, silky platinum hair, and a gown of sapphires. Prince Lovino dropped to his knees and begged for forgiveness, but it was too late the Enchantress so there was no love in his heart. As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful curse on the castle and all who choose to dwell there and made the people of the country forget that the prince, his family, and the servants ever existed. Ashamed of his monstrous appearance, the beast concealed himself within the castle with only a magic mirror and a magical book as his only windows to the outside world.

The carnation she offered was truly magical. If he could learn to love another and gain their love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not...he would be doomed to remain in his beastly form for all eternity. Years passed, and he fell into despair and lost all hope.

For who would ever love a beast?

Author's Note: As I was looking up, Hetalia Beauty and the Beast  I found most were with Spain as the Beast and Lovino as Belle, and I thought "HEY! That doesn't make sense! Lovino is spoiled and can be selfish (He's one of my favorite characters), and Spain is such a sweetheart (most of the time), but can get angry so why isn't he the Beauty who teaches the Beast about Love?" Also, I saw the Beast as a young boy trapped in a monstrous form and tries to come off as intimidating and threatening, when really he's scared and angry on the inside, just like Lovino.