The Beauty

In a small village next to the forest lived an enchantingly beautiful young woman named Isabella. Isabella had crimson-red hair that was decorated by a crown of pink roses and red carnations, emerald-green eyes that sparkled in the sun, and flawlessly tanned skin that had darkened from weeks of tending to her tomato garden. She wore a long red skirt and corset with yellow ribbons, a black shawl embroidered with red roses around her shoulders ,and white blouse that billowed in the wind and carried an old round wicker basket filled to the brim with juicy, bright red tomatoes and as always a book from the bookshop.

It was like any other day, Isabella left her home in the countryside, as she headed into the town to possibly sell her tomatoes and get a new book as she already read her last one.

Isabella:

Little town, it's a quiet village

Everyday like the one before

Little town filled with little people

Waking up to say

Townspeople:

Bonjour!

Hola! 

Ciao!

Gluten Tag!

Good Day!

Everyone in town, quickly ran around to the their daily errands or chores as Isabella took in the ordinary scene, secretly wishing something would happen.

Isabella:

There goes the baker with his tray like always

The same old bread and rolls to sell

Every morning just the same since the morning that we came,

To this poor provincial town

The dark-haired baker stopped in his tracks and greeted, "Guten Tag, Isabella."

"Hola, Señor Edelstein," Isabella cheerfully greeted him, with her usually blinding smile.

The baker placed his tray on the counter, and said in his usual overly polite tone, "And where would you heading?"

Isabella grinned excitedly, and replied, "La biblioteca. I just finished the most wonderful story about pirates, ancient treasure, and..."

Isabella wasn't able to finish as the baker cut her off by saying. "That's nice. Elizaveta! The cakes! Hurry up!"

'Oh, well. Señor Edelstein isn't really a talker,' Isabella thought and continued on her way.

Townspeople:

There she goes

That girl's strange, no question.

Dazed and ditzy can't you tell?

Never part of any crowd

Cause her head is up on some cloud

No denyin that she's a funny one, that Bella.

Isabella hopped onto the back of a moving hay cart and looked around at the town greeting one another.

Townspeople:

''Ciao"

"Good day"

"How's your family?"

"Bonjour"

"Good day"