Chapter 5

It was another usual day for Alex. Work at the gas station, have lunch, work again, and then finally head home. All was surprisingly going well despite the few weird incidents that had been happening to him lately. His old girlfriend Maxine showed up at his door and two days before that, he as nearly jumped. He was hoping for smooth sailing here on out but of course, nothing ever goes his way.

While he was walking home after a good day at work, he turned the corner and walked straight into three dark skinned men wearing the colors of the Ballers. He looked at each one who looked right back at him but had a more menacing look instead of a scared one that Alex seemed to give off.

"How can I help you?" Alex asked.

"Leo, did you hear this fool?" the one in the middle said.

"I heard him Tank. He wants to know how he can HELP us." the man to Tank's left said. The third man, instead of speaking, acted as if he were a bull and blew out of his nose in a weird yet frightening way. He had his arms crossed and his biceps looked like they could crush Alex's head in an instant.

"Listen guys, I don't want any trouble." Alex said.

"Alright then fair enough white boy. How 'bout this. Why don't you give my man Rory here all that you got on you? Then we'll be out of your hair." Tank said.

"Can't we work something out man. All I got is my phone and I kind of need that." Alex said.

"You mean to tell me you ain't got no fucking wallet? How you walk around and not got a wallet?" Tank asked raising his voice.

"I don't have a lot of money." Alex said.

"How about this. We can just beat the shit out of you instead. Then we're done that we'll take your phone." Tank said. He smiled cockily as Leo looked at him.

"Why don't we just the dude go? He don't got nothing." Leo said.

"Cause I'm not trying to be no pussy. That's what you sound like right now." Tank said.

"Watch who you're talking to." Leo said fully turning to Tank. Tank turned to look at Leo and Alex actually believed they were going to start fighting each other. That didn't happen though as a fourth man approached them all, someone they all recognized.

"What the hell are you niggas doing?" the man said. He had a clean shaven head and a black goatee. He had dark skin like the others and a few of his teeth were replaced with gold ones which Alex thought it fit in well with his look. However, when he made eye contact with the man he saw how cold and lifeless they really seemed, but behind all that he saw a glimmer of happiness, of a good man.

"No fucking way! My boy Alex? What are you doing here?" the man said to him. Alex gave a small smile and did made a slight wave with his hand.

"How you doin' Jesse?" Alex asked. Jesse grabbed Alex's hand and brought him in for a hug. He slapped him on the back and let him go, smiling at him.

"My boys bothering you? Just let me know and I'll have them kicked out." Jesse said.

"You know this cracker jack?" Tank asked.

"Watch what you say to my man." Jesse said sternly, "And hell yeah I know him. We go way back, but he's clean now." Jesse turned to Alex and nodded. "I'll catch you around Alex, I gotta take these shitheads out on business."

"See ya man." Alex said as the four began to walk away.

"Yo man, hit me up sometime! I'm not as busy as you think even though I lead the Ballas." Jesse said. He put on sunglasses and proceeded to walk to an all black Patriot with tinted windows. He got in the driver's seat while Leo got in next to him and Rory and Tank got in the back.

"I can't believe y'all niggas thought you could fuck with my man." Jesse said as he shook his head and started the engine.

"We got bored man. What are you gonna do about it? It's not like we went through with it." Tank said.

"You were about to." Leo spoke up. Tank glared at the back of his head as Jesse pulled out from his parking spot and began to drive out of the city.

"I catch you near any of my homies again, and I'll crack each one of your skulls." Jesse said. Everyone got quiet as rap music blared throughout the car ride towards Sandy Shores. Jesse eventually spoke up as he got bored from all the quietness.

"You guys think the Aztecas are ready to make this deal?" Jesse asked. "It'd be nice to have a peace between the gangs. Something new and won't cause any city destruction."

"Man we should have brought some back up. Then we just take out the Aztecas right there. Once we do that Blaine County is ours!" Tank said as him and Rory did one of their many handshakes.

"Are you stupid or something? Do you know what kind of gang war that would create? All of the gangs would fight to control Blaine County. Trust me nigga, no one wants to see a gang war that big." Leo said. Tank sucked his teeth and looked out the window since Leo decided to kill his mood. The car soon became quiet again and Jesse didn't bother trying to start a conversation back up and decided to just keep driving.

Leo stared out the window and decided to go into the glove department. He looked inside and saw something surprising, a glock. He looked over at Jesse who shrugged.

"Always gotta be careful." Jesse simply said.

"Right... Careful." Leo said as he shook his head. "Careful my ass. He's trying to get us all shot." he said to himself quietly.