Chapter 21

"So it's set in motion? We are officially taking over the city?" Donny asked as he sat in front of his uncle's desk. Paul was signing away at papers like usual. His hair was more ruffled and messy today, his suit didn't seem as proper, and he had let stubble start to grow on his face. Paul nodded after a moment to his nephew and continued working. Donny sighed and stood up, preparing to leave and cruise around the city, looking for the group of people that have been messing up their plans.

As he was walking towards the door, Donny stopped with his hand on the handle and looked back at his uncle.

"Hey unc'." Donny said.

"Hmm?" Paul asked not looking up.

"Would you have done that to me... What you did to Lance?" Donny asked. This caused Paul to look up and Donny could see the bags underneath his eyes.

"Of course not Donny." Paul said after a minute. "You're family, unlike them. And family sticks together." Paul said with a smile. Donny nodded his head and left the office, as Paul resumed what he was doing.

* * *

"How the fuck are we gonna' do this nigga?" Lil Mikey asked as he and Leo sat on the balcony of the apartment building. Leo shook his head and looked out at the moon that hung above the ocean which was basically right next to them.

"We are gonna' need help." Leo said. Lil Mikey rubbed his chin and leaned forward in his chair.

"Nigga we can't get no help. We go out into the city and boom we dead. We make any phone connections and boom we dead. We try to reach out to someone and guess what?" Lil Mikey asked.

"Boom we dead." Leo said as he rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fuck man. This is the crew we stuck with then."

"A bunch of white people, a spanish dude, and a spanish chick." Lil Mikey said. "We fucked nigga."

"You think we could get weapons instead of people?" Leo asked, an idea coming to mind. Lil Mikey dropped his jaw and squinted his eyes, looking at Leo.

"What do you not understand about the term 'boom we dead?" Lil Mikey asked.

"Yeah yeah, I figured." Leo said. "We really are dead."

* * *

Inside in the living room, Sarah was relaxing on the couch. She was sitting in front of the TV and was close to falling asleep when one of the doors closing snapped her out of it. She looked back and saw Carlos walking towards the small kitchen that was connected to the living room.

"Hi." Sarah said as she turned back to the TV. Carlos began to pour himself coffee as he smiled to himself.

"Hola." he said. He looked at the TV and walked over to the couch and sat down on the opposite side of Sarah.

"You seem to be really close to your friend there." Sarah said.

"Oh me and Heath? We go way back, practically hermanos me and him." Carlos said.

"You must be worried then." Sarah said, still looking at the TV.

"Not really. He's awake finally. Just having problems breathing. They must have really messed up his lungs or something. He's got bruises all over his stomach and chest. When I get my hands on them..." Carlos said trailing off. Sarah finally looked at him as he stared at the ground.

"It's the same guys that tried to kill me right? The ones you shot?" Sarah asked him.

"Yep those are the ones." Carlos said as he nodded his head. "I don't know why they got involved in this all. They just wanted me."