Chapter 9

Alex and Maxine hid in Alex's bedroom as they heard banging on the front door. Alex quickly ran to his bed and pulled the pistol out from under his pillow. He held it with his finger hovering over the trigger while Maxine stared at it in shock.

"What the fuck is that?" Maxine asked in a hushed tone.

"It's a Pistol .50." Alex replied. He heard the sound of someone trying to knock his door down and he got quiet again. Maxine moved to the back of the bedroom as Alex shut the door almost all the way, but he could still see out of the sliver that was left. He recognized the two men that broke into his house as gangsters for the Ballas. They were friends of Jesse but he had no idea why they were here.

"Ayo! Alex Polk, come out come out wherever you are!" Tank yelled out. Rory stomped around the house pushing doors open revealing empty rooms. Soon enough they were right next to Alex's bedroom.

"Get in the closet and stay in there." Alex whispered back to Maxine. She listened and closed herself in as Alex crawled underneath the bed as quick as he could. As soon as he was under, Rory and Tank marched into the room aiming guns at nothing.

"There's no way this dude up and left out of nowhere." Rory said as he put his gun down. Tank lowered his weapon too as the two walked out to the living room. Alex slowly got out from under the bed and left the gun on the ground next to where he was hiding. He slowly walked towards the two gang members one step at a time as they talked about some sort of list. Right as Alex reached Rory, he turned around and his eyes went wide. Alex quickly responded with a quick punch to Rory's jaw making Rory stumble backwards.

"Fuck!" Alex yelled as he immediately grabbed his hand. He looked up to see Tank aiming a gun at him. Alex put both his hands in the air as Rory squinted at him.

"There he is. You know I got some news for you. You're about to see that cop friend of yours real soon." Tank said. Before Tank could fire the gun Rory ran at Alex and lifted him up in the air. The two went right into a closet door, making it break. Alex hit his head on a shelf causing it to become unhinged and fall ontop of him as he and Rory laid there.

"Damn! You knocked him the fuck out!" Tank yelled as he smiled.

Outside Leo was holding a gun up and leaning against the wall. He was waiting for a moment to save whoever it was Tank and Rory were after and this was it if he ever saw one. He ran into the house, tackling Tank over the sofa. He used the gun in his hand and smacked Tank across the face with it, knocking him out.

Rory stood up and was about to go after Leo when Alex stood up and used the wall to balance himself. He grabbed the back of Rory's shirt and pulled it over his head before shoving him into the wall.

"Maxine! Let's get out of here!" Alex yelled. Maxine popped out of the closet and ran out the front door with Leo and Alex.

"Follow me!" Leo hollered to the two.

"What makes you think I trust you?" Alex asked as he stopped outside his house. Leo looked back at him and shoved the list in his face.

"Cause I'm in the same boat as you nigga. Now let's get a fucking move on before those two wake up and come after us." Leo demanded. Alex found no reason to disagree and began to follow Leo as Maxine followed along.

* * * 

Catherine was walking down the street and passed by a police cruiser that was parked. She thought nothing of it and kept walking but began to slow down when she heard the door open and close to the cruiser. She turned her head to see who it was and saw that it was Donny, with the biggest grin on his face.

"Hey there ex-partner." Donny said.

"Hi Donny." Catherine said.

"How's it going no longer being on the force?" Donny asked.

"I don't know how you did it but I'll get back at you for this." Catherine said.

"You aren't going to be able to do shit." Donny said. Catherine smirked and shook her head and began to walk away but when Donny kept talking she stopped.

"We were partners Catherine. I didn't think you'd try to go behind my back like that and get me kicked out of the force. And getting the captain involved. Just wow. I see how things are clearly now." Donny said.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I did what was right. You shot an innocent man Donny. I'm going to get my revenge and when I do, you'll be known in this city as the shithead you really are. You deserve whatever you have coming to you." Catherine said. She continued to walk away as Donny stared at her and chuckled to himself.

"Stupid bitch." Donny muttered.

"Douchebag." Catherine said to herself.

* * *

"Carlos want anything while I'm up?" Heath yelled from the kitchen. The two were now in the city, laying low as best as they could. Heath had found a friend to stay with, her name was Lily Roberts. She had strawberry blonde hair and was barely around the house due to always working.

"I'm good man." Carlos said. He was staring at the windows watching as cars drove around the city. He was lost in thought when Heath came up behind him and stared out the window as well.

"What are we looking at?" Heath asked.

"Oh... uh, nothing. I was just daydreaming." Carlos said. Heath shrugged as a response and popped the cap off of a beer.

"So tell me something. How come you didn't just kill the girl. It was your last day right? You do that and you're out." Heath asked Carlos. Carlos laughed to himself and turned around to face his friend.

"That's the thing. With gangs you're never truly out chico. I knew that Jorge was gonna find multiple reasons to bring me back so I had to leave my own way. I wasn't gonna kill no one. He knows that too. He was probably hoping I'd get pinched by a cop or something." Carlos said.

"So now you're going to be hunted for the rest of your life?" Heath asked.

"Hell no ese. I'm leaving Los Santos first chance I get. I just need the dough." Carlos said. Carlos laughed after he said this and Heath did the same.

"Lily told me those two goons are still searching around for us. There is no leaving just yet." Heath said. Carlos nodded and looked back out the window.

"They'll go away one way or another." Carlos said.

* * *

Mitchell, Colton, and Lance were on the roof of a parking garage with the Los Santos Police Department right across the street for them. Mitchell had a sniper set up on the edge of the roof while Colton was waiting in a getaway car.

"Now is the time to do it." Lance said to Mitchell. Mitchell aimed down the sights of the sniper and saw Alexander Wells walk out of the police department. He was talking to other cops as Mitchell backed away from the sniper.

"I can't fucking do this. This guy has done nothing wrong in his career. He's the chief of police for Christ sake." Mitchell said.

"Take the shot dammit." Lance said. Mitchell stared at him and put his hands in the air. Lance rolled his eyes and moved over to the sniper. He fired it and screams could be heard from the street below. Lance grabbed the sniper and walked to the getaway car as Mitchell ran to the edge and looked down to see Alexander lying on the ground with a pool of blood surrounding him.

"Holy shit." Mitchell said. He walked to the getaway car and got in the backseat as Colton sped off from the scene.

"That was a strike and I will not tolerate anymore. If you refuse any orders again, your sister will be in grave danger do you understand me?" Lance asked looking back.

"Yeah I get it." Mitchell said. "But as soon as you lay a hand on her you are fucking dead."

"That's what you think." Colton said.

"Yeah fuck you." Mitchell said. The car drove by the street and Mitchell got an up close view of the now dead Police Chief and he hung his head in shame. "Fuck this city." he said to himself.