chapter ten

I woke up, seeing black and a blank, white ceiling. Confused, I sat up, checking the area. 

The walls were a tint color. The light was so bright that my eyes were stinging. I kept looking around, seeing paintings hung up. I turned, seeing Parker across the room. 

His eyes were big and puffy, but once he saw me sit up, his face was blank once more. 

"What do you want," I spat.

He refracted, and then replied," I carried you here, what do you think? That I'd leave you there to die?" Parker seemed angry.

"Why are you so mad?"

He looked up, saying nothing with another blank face. 

"I'm sick of it!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, making him jump up. 

"Quit yelling!" He got close to me, making my breath stop for two seconds.

I put my hand on the back of his neck, looking him straight in the eyes. We made eye contact for one second, but he looked away.

Sighing, I started to talk again. "Parker, why are you closing yourself off? Why do you keep hiding yourself to me?"

I kept looking at him, trying to see if he would make contact. But nothing. 

Tears started escaping my eyes.

"Go," I said.

Parker looked up, still with nothingness attached to his face.

"Go." I removed my hand from him, backing away.

He then showed concern, but then hid it. Parker walked away, making the room silent. I looked out the window, watching him go to his car. 

Sobs started escaping my mouth. I turned and had my back against the wall, sliding down. I lifted my knees and placed my arms on them, hiding my face.

Parker's POV

"Go."

I looked at her, with deep concern. Honestly, I was scared. I didn't want to lose her, not again. I hid my face, and then walked out, seeing he back up to the wall.

I walked to my car, putting my hands on the wheels. I rode home, silence filling the car. Once there, I did nothing. A single tear slid down my face. I started banging violently on the steering wheel.