Chapter Twenty- Three- Pregnancy Scare

CHAPTER TWENTY- THREE- 

There’s some moments in life when something really unexpected happens.

Sure, Valentines Day had been a life changer but this day… it was Blake’s day for change.

“So why do you think that you’d be a good asset to our team?”

I hated this question. “Um, I’m a really hard worker.” I paused as my mind wandered. “I know that I don’t have that much experience but I get a long with anyone.” Not true. “I’m a quick learner and I’m dedicated and motivated to get the job done.”

The man pushed his glasses close to his face and gave me a smile. “What days can you work? I’ll go and get some sheets.”

I watched as he walked towards his office as my phone started to buzz. I sighed when I saw the caller id. “Blake. This isn’t a good time. I’m in a job interview. “I eyed the door wearily.

“Where are you?”  I told him. “I need your help.”

“What’s wrong?” I frowned. “You sound weird.”

“I’ll wait for you out the front.”

I didn’t have time to reply because the manager was walking out of his office. I quickly snapped my phone closed and placed it back in my pocket.

When the interview had finished and I was given my first shift, I was practically over the moon. Living without my dad has been hard. Less money meant more things that we couldn’t spend on… like say new clothing or even paying the bills.

It was hard.

Blake was waiting beside his car, his hands taping impatiently on the hood of his car.

“Hey. What’s up?”

He bit his lip opened the passenger door. “I’ll explain on the way.”

‘On the way’ had included an awkward but short drive. It didn’t take long for me to figure out where we were when Blake pulled up at a large white mansion. I had only been here one other time in my life and that was with Alley.

I gave a sharp laugh when he stopped his car in the drive way. “What are we doing at Melanie Casio’s house?”

“Just… come on.”

I slammed the door closed and followed him towards the house. My anger surged. I grabbed him from the shoulder and spun him around. “I am not about to go in there and drink shots with your girlfriend!”

“She’s not-”

“What?” I snapped. “You’re not together anymore?”

“No! We had a fight!” He yelled.  Blake’s face was growing a fierce heat. He moved away from my hand with an angry jerk.

“So what we doing here?!” I burs ted. He didn’t answer. His lips were pursed in a straight line as he stared at me with angrily. “Fine.”

I turned away. “MEL MIGHT BE PREGNANT OK?!” I stopped and spun around.

His face was no longer angry but extremely hurt.

“What? I whispered.

“I don’t know what to do okay?” His own voice had dropped to a whisper. “I don’t know what to do.” I stared into his eyes. Slowly I realised that my mouth was open in shock. “I need you here. Please will you stay… for me?”

I shut it. “OK.” I reached out and wrapped my hand around his. “I’m here for you. Whatever you need.”

“What the bleep are you doing here?!?” Except she didn’t say bleep at all. You can imagine what she said pretty easily. Mel glared at me.