Chapter Twenty Four- It's Over

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR- 

You can tell by the simplest look on someone’s face that are lying or trying to hide something.

A frown. Pursed lips. Squinted eyes.

Mason showed all of these signs. “I’ve decided that I don’t want to do this anymore Sam. If you’re so persistent on being with Tyler Blake then I should give up.”

“You’re giving up?” I asked with disbelief. “You said that you-“ I stopped as I remembered what he said out the front of my house.

I want to make things right Sam. You’re my best friend and it’s killing me to have you angry with me… Were meant for each other.

“You said that were meant for each other.” I finally said. I stopped in front of him. The sound of horns and tires on the ground were screeching behind us.

Mason had pulled me aside on my way inside.

“I don’t know anymore Sam.” There was pure hurt in his eyes. “I know that you’re in front of me but I feel even more further away from you then when I left.”

“That’s because we were together.” I pointed out. “Then you dumped me.”

He frowned. “Why does it always come to this? Can’t you forgive me for that?”

For some reason tears started to build in my vision. Vivid images of a life without Mason tore me up inside. I could forgive him, right? Here he was trying all he could to apologise and I was acting like a bitch.

It hurt. But a world without him sounded a million times worse.

“Okay.” I whispered. “I forgive you. I’ll let it go.”

He stared at me as though I had just grown another head. “What?”

“I don’t want to lose you Mase. I want you in my life.”

“But all those things that you said-” He stopped talking. “What about Blake?”

“What about him?”

“Are you two still... you know?”

“No.” My eyes fell on a near by tree. “It’s over.”

“What happened?” He asked quietly.

“It’s… complicated.” I met his eyes and smiled. They were a warm brown with pure sympathy. He hated seeing me this way.

He shook his head slightly. “Why are you so beautiful?” Suddenly his hand reached for mine and grasped it tightly. “Can we please just start over Sam?”

He looked hopeful and slightly cringed. Of course the last time he asked this I turned him down.

I pursed my lips tightly and cringed myself.

“OK I get it.” He smiled slightly. “It’s too soon right? OK I have an idea. How about we go to that fundraiser together in a couple weeks?”

I grinned. “I’d like that.”

“Me too.”

I tightened my hand in his and let go the same time that an arm wrapped around the both of us.

“If it isn’t my two fav people together.”  Oliver grinned. “You guys finally talking?”

I laughed and squirmed away from his arm. “Stop stalking me Olly Wolly.”

He shrugged. “What can I say? I cant live without you.”

I laughed again although the joke had some sort of irony. The bell gave a last blast that could be heard from outside. “I’ll see you both later.” I gave Mase another fleeting smile before hurrying towards class.