Chapter Five- The Worst Date Of Your Life?

CHAPTER FIVE- 

“I just don’t understand how you can be so stupid Sam. You shouldn’t have taken that bet. It’s Blake.”

I didn’t bother to glance towards her, Alley kept on her with her rant as I zoned out.

Blah blah, blah my life is so perfect… you should be more like me is all I was hearing.

“Alley, come on.” I looked towards Caleb who had his arm wrapped around her. “I hate the guy but we all know if he wants someone he’s not going to stop for a while.”

Alley threw up her hands and rolled her eyes. “That doesn’t make me feel any better! You're saying that Blake wants her?”

“He likes a challenge.” Caleb shrugged, his eyes met mine. “Don’t go on the date with him, if you ignore him for long enough he’ll realise that theres better girls.”

I stared at him. “You're saying that Blake could do better then me?”

He froze. “No. I’m saying that you could do better then Blake.”

My cheeks started to heat, “I can have whatever guy I want Caleb.”

“Sam-“ Alley started.

“Shut up.” I glared at them both, “Have you ever thought that maybe I like Blake?” I stepped away from our bench and grabbed my bag. All lies. “Not everyone has the perfect relationship of rainbows and butterflies.”

Alley gasped as her brown eyes widened. “You're in a relationship with him?!”

“No!” I snapped. “I wasn’t talking about him! Just never mind, you don’t care about anything in MY life anymore.” It all came out a hot mess, you know that feeling when you feel this dizzied rush because you're so angry? Yeah I had that.

I stormed away before I could say anything more stupid. I made it to my locker just as my phone started to vibrate in my hand.

Hey their babe, wear something formal tonight. I stared at it with disbelief.

HOW DID HE GET MY NUMBER?! It vibrated again.

Or something with less coverage, less is always good. And again. In case you couldn’t work this out, it’s Blake J

My hand shook as I typed fiercely. HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?! OF COURSE I KNEW IT WAS YOU, WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE? SOME DUMBASS?

 I quickly saved the number to – DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS JERK. It was a long name but worth it. My phone vibrated again. I won’t answer that. I don’t want your feelings hurt. Can’t wait for tonight pumpkin. J xox

Oh dear god, he really is trying to make me hate him.

The day fast-forwarded to its usual boring pace. I think that English had to be the worst though.  I didn’t exactly speak to Blake but he kept giving me knowing looks as if saying ‘I’m going to have you tonight’. I mentally cringed at that thought. There was never going to be a ‘Blake and I’.

I avoided Alley for the rest of the day as well; I think that she received the clue that I didn’t want to talk.

James sat on my bed as I quickly changed. He was licking a lolly pop with his small chubby legs hanging off it, they swung back and forth. “Trains?” He grinned at me.

“Aww. I’m sorry Jammsey, I’m going out.” His face fell before he climbed off the edge of the bed and ran out the room. I sighed. Damn, I’m disappointing everyone today.