you again!

"wake up Eli," I heard Tyler saying to me.

I rolled over to see him already up and dressed

"I'm going to go get breakfast before we go to the airport you should get ready plane leaves at 3:00 and we can't be late."

I threw the covers off and went to the bathroom. I quickly showered and got dressed into my black ripped skinny jeans red stripped shirt and leather jacket with my knee high leather boots. I threw my hair into a fishtail braid and went downstairs to see Ty in the kitchen with a bag of bagels.

 "are you nervous about seeing him?" Ty asked not looking up from his computer.

"no he doesn't get to control me anymore."

it was silent until we both began packing for the trip. soon we were in the car on the way to the airport both of us tense in anticipation for St. Louis.

once we got to the tarmac we met with some of the other guys on the team and I started to load some of the equipment onto the plane trying to do anything to keep my mind off of Jackson.

"hey El what crawled up your ass this morning?" Jordie said noticing the tension.

"it's nothing Jordie." I said trying to get him to leave me alone. the last thing I needed was to have him worrying about me before the game. I wanted the guys focus to be on the ice not on me.  

once everyone was loaded on the plane I grabbed my seat next to Paul.

"you sure you're up for this?" he asked

I really wish people would stop asking me that I'm fine."

I looked at Paul and realised how rude I was being.

"I'm sorry Paul I know you're only being a good friend I just want the focus to be on the game not on me. I'll be fine really." I said giving his hand a squeeze.

he gave me a reassuring smile back before I got up to find where Tyler was sitting. he was talking to some of the guys near the back of the plane. none of them noticed me standing behind them

"look I don't want her left alone this weekend we all know what kind of guy Jackson is." Tyler said

I cleared my throat and everyone turned to look at me.

"you know I can handle myself Ty. I don't need a security detail!"

"settle down El we're all just concerned about you. " Jamie said trying to be the voice of reason

"well don't be just focus on winning the game and i'll worry about Jackson."

"we'd be able to better focus on the game if we knew you were safe. so would you put your ego aside and let us try to help." Jordie said

we stared each other down for a few minutes before I gave up and nodded. Tyler pulled me into his lap and whispered thank you in my ear.

the rest of the plane ride the guys and I played poker.

once we landed we drove to the hotel and checked in Tyler pulled some strings and got me put into his room so I wouldn't be left alone.

we were laying around the suite watching tv when there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it. there was a vase of flowers at the door.

"Ty you shouldn't have." I said bringing the flowers in

"I didn't"

I picked up the card and read out loud

Can't wait to see you again

xo Jackson

"that son of a bitch. he's dead." Tyler said getting red in the face

"don't get worked up that's exactly what he wants. just stick by me and I'll be fine."

the next morning my alarm went off meaning it was time for me to get up and meet the team for breakfast. I hit Tyler with a pillow waking him up.

after a brief pillow fight we both got dressed and went down to meet the team. Tyler managed to tell everyone about the flowers and got them all worked up.

soon the team left for morning skate. and I accompanied them so I could assist Paul with the set up. 

I was sitting on the bench watching team practise when I felt someone sit down beside me.

"did you get my flowers?"

"fuck off Jackson."

"oh come on I'm trying to be nice here catch up with a friend, you don't have to be so cold." he said putting his arm around me

"we are not friend and you need to leave now." I said standing up and walking to the other end of the bench

next thing I knew a puck was flying over the boards and continently hit Jackson right in the head knocking him over.

Jordie skated by and said

"you should really be more careful you never know what could come flying at you a puck of maybe my fist."

he winked at me before skating of to continue with practise.

"this isn't over Eli." Jackson said

"I would hope not and it's Elizabeth to you Jackson."

soon the team returned to the rink and began getting ready I stuck with the guys and ran them through the dry-land and played soccer with them.

while they were getting ready for the game paul asked me to take the lead for tonight's game so he could evaluate me.

everything was going well. I had to put some stitches in after a fight and wrap a few wrists and ankles but is seemed to go well. I was one of the last ones out of the rink when I was walking to the entrance I felt and arm reach out and grab me. before I could scream a hand covered my mouth. I tried to break free but he had a death grip on me.

"now I think its time we catch up and this time there won't be anyone around to interrupt us." Jackson whispered in my ear.

no matter how much I tried I couldn't get away from him and I felt my ribs starting to bruise from how tight he was gripping me. tears were running down my cheeks as I saw him leaning in to kiss me but it never came.

I opened my eyes to see Jamie holding Jackson by the neck against the door. he laid a solid punch to his nose and it started bleeding   

Tyler scooped me up and held me against his chest. taking me outside to a car. Jamie and Jordie followed a few minutes later and carried Jackson over to some of the blues players who were waiting in the parking lot.

They stayed there talking for a few minutes until finally parting way. once they were back in the car I asked

"What's going to happen to Jackson?"

"the blues guys and I have an understanding. you won't have to worry about coming back here again they assured me they'd get him fired and that he won't work in the NHL again."

"so he's really gone this time?" I asked

"yeah babe he's gone." Tyler said kissing my hand.

everything was going well until my phone rang.

"Hi I'm doctor Mars calling from Dallas General Hospital there's been an accident."

Author's note

Hi guys sorry to leave it on a cliff hanger but I should be updating a gain soon.

please vote and comment I always love to hear from you guys.

much luv

~Del