Calm down

I sat on the edge of the tub for a few minutes trying to process the little plus sign on the test. I know Tyler and I hadn't been doing anything to prevent a pregnancy but I didn't expect it to happen this soon.

I walked into the bedroom and put the test down on the bedside table deciding to try and get some sleep tonight.

that plan didn't work so well, all I could do was think of everything that would have to be done in the next 9 months. I sat up in bed and turned on the bedside lap, grabbing a piece of paper and began making lists of everything I needed to do.

I started wondering how Tyler would react I know we both wanted a kid but after the way the season ended I don't know if he still felt that way or not. what if he decided it was too much right now and I was left to raise this kid on my own? What if I loose my job because I can't travel with the team? 

I began getting too worked up so I decided to go down to the kitchen to get something to drink. All I wanted right now was for Jordie to be hear to talk me off the ledge. Since he was traded to Montreal they made the playoffs. they were knocked out in the first round but he was still down there looking for a house so he could stop rooming with his teammates. I looked at my watch realising that it was too late to call him.

Just then I heard a cry coming from Hunter's nursery. I walked up to see Jamie standing rocking Hunter in his arms. He turned to see me,

"what are you doing up? did Hunter wake you up?"

"No I just couldn't sleep, lots on my mind. I wish Jordie was hear so I could talk to him. I'd talk to Ally but she looked exhausted tonight so I don't want to wake her up."

"well I'm not Jordie but we are related and I know Ally pretty well so why don't you give me a try." e says as I reach my arms out to take hunter from him.

I walk down to the living room and sit on the sofa while Jamie sits on the chair across from me.

"you're gonna be a great mom you know that right. Hunter loves you. I should go get him a bottle and then we can talk alright?"

I just nod looking down at the little baby. after a few minutes Jamie walks back in with a bottle handing it to me. I test it on my wrist before giving it to Hunter.

"so what's got you up?"

I pulled the test out of the pocket of my hoodie handing it to Jamie. It took him a few moments before he looked up at me smiling.

"Congratulations, this is exciting isn't it?"

"yeah it is and it's not like we were trying not to have a bay but I just got this promotion and the way the team finished this year I just don't know if he will still be excited. It's one thing to say you want a kid but he could totally freak out once I tell him he'll actually be a dad." I began rambling.

"look when Ally told me she was pregnant I was panicked for like 2 seconds before I saw the ultra sound picture. When I saw the little dot the panic went away because I saw my kid and we weren't even trying. Tyler has been talking non stop about how he wants to start a family and settle down. Trust me he will be excited, now you just have to figure out how you tell him."

"i think Ally and I will think of a way to tell him." I said hugging him and passing a sleeping hunter back to him. "I'm going to try and get a few hours of sleep before we have to go to the rink."

I walked back to the guest room and grabbed my phone pulling up Jordie's number and sending a quick text.

   Hey! I hope you found I place in Montréal. when are you coming back I have important news to tell you when you get here.